Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tubridy is the new Gerry Ryan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Ryan Tubridy is the new Gerry Ryan

Rte have just announced that from August Tubridy will be moving to 2fm to take over the late grear Gerry Ryan slot from 9-12 pm . Ah bollox
    I have no signature at the moment

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Rte have just announced that from August Tubridy will be moving to 2fm to take over the late grear Gerry Ryan slot from 9-12 pm . Ah bollox
    I dont think anyone could match up to Gerry Ryan. He was one of a kind.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

That's the end of that slot for me. I'm not listening to that tosser. I suppose he'll be wanting a pay raise for doing the extra hours. Who's going to take over his slot on RTE Radio1?

I think a host from one of the smaller stations would be the way to go. These presenters are more real than this Barbie doll.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (10-06-10), Patricia (10-06-10)

rimmerguy.... I think you worded the topic title in a bit of misleading way..... from reading that many people might think you're saying he's like Gerry Ryan. The only thing they shared is a name.

They're polar opposites in a lot of ways: Gerry was slow and relaxed and thoughtful, Ryan is fast and superficial. Gerry listened patiently to all guests and took no favourites, Ryan is a snobby git who speaks totally different to different people. Gerry seemed really interested in all things and tried to get them to open up, Ryan talks over or contradicts them sometimes while trying to do lame jokes at others, just making them much more careful in what they say and not getting to their true feelings.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 10-06-10 at 20:38.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Gerry was slow
    sure thing,
    Westside.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    sure thing,
    Westside.
    Powerful and insightful posting as usual I see Westside.

middayfun Guest

he'll do okay

Reviews

Bad choice by rte,probably an easy choice for them.Nobody could ever replace gerry ryan but to put him in this slot is a joke.I don't listeners will be able to relate to tub's as his ego since he got the late,late gig has gone statusphoric.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

If Tubridy wasn't the preferred choice, then who would you have fit the bill...its a given that it was a huge slot to fill, and a great earner for RTE, so if you were head of radio, who would you have in that slot?
    JUSTICE FOR AMANDA KNOX AND RAFFAELE SOLLECITO----INNOCENTS

Reviews

yes, BAD CHOICE, why not keep evelyn o rourke in there with another mail? Since Gerry Ryan dies, have you hear the words

bullshit, shit, feck off, arsehole, asshole, vagina, wee wee, willy, a big penis etc... mentioned on radio? NO!

Tubridy is fine for one hour, doing book club and the usual duiscussions, he is dub 4 type, Tubridy ia not going to now start saying rude words , not for the sake of it, but because Tubridy would not be as impassioned about the debt crisis, nama, bullsht politicians, hypocricy, crimes commited by the sheriffs, who the revenue and gardai have turned a blind eye to. This was mentioned on the show about a wek before he died and it's unlikely we will hear that story coming up again.

Gerry was one of us, spoke like us and RTE could not say boo to him and rightly so. Gerry would speak his mind, but knew when to pull back. There has to be somebody out there who is raw and interesting and doesn't give a shit about the muppets on the board of r.t.e coming down on him for shit "lion shit" on radio.

ESP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast