Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: car accident

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    If there was a witness to him admiting liability and she got their name and details then no guards is not such a problem but without a witness they can later deny it or deny the exact events. Its best to have a camera, dare say Kelly had a camera phone and take pictures yourself as later proof. Also advised to have a can of marker spray and mark the corners of the road underneath each corner of both cars and guards have some reference points. To late now I know but for the future for others.

Really do need to have car checked, even the smallest jolt can have an effect on door hinges being out of line and not latching properly and if a hefty bump then tires will need realighning or they will wear uneven and months down the line your grip on a wet day might be less then it was before the bump. They could wear more on the inside under wheel arch where its harder to see then on the more visible outside, at a glance you think you have lots of thread but its worn bald on the inside and you can easily get a blow out.
    You should really take this advise , i remember a story about a car being towed out of cutchie fest (THE PLOUGHING SHOW TO THE CULCHIES) and the helpful farmer hooking on to some part of car and dislodged it and the two passengers were killed so be careful futher down the road

Blog Entries

and thanks you the nice chap that phoned me to give me advice much apreciated

Your welcome Sweetie.

you guys are great

Can only speak for myself but i know.

Sincerely,
    West.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Its the law that any accident is reported. They should have been called to attend and to make a record of what happened for future possible court action. I would get myself to a doctor asap not just for peace of mind but it is totally the other drivers fault and you will need injuries on record for possible future costs to you or if you decide to sue him, you do not know if these will become long term problems and have to get them on record with a doctor.

Do not drive that car anywhere but to the nearest garage and get it checked out, any number of things could have happened.

ps

Whiplash is known to surface after a few days when the person realises they are totally in the right... as you are given what you stated happened.
    QPH,

the law actually states that accidents must be reported ONLY if someone is injured. In this case, Kelly seems to have only noticed her injuries well after the accident which is quite common.

As long as she has the details of the car/driver that hit her from behind, she needs to contact her insurance company and make them aware of it. It is also likely that if the car in front of her makes a claim, that she will be liable until it is established that the car behind her forced her into him.

Timing is very important. Some insurance companies have a condition that an accident is reported within 48 hours.

In any event,hopefully her injuries are not serious. However, she should report them to her insurance company who will send her to a doc so that they can be assessed. The nature of soft tissue injuris is that they are generally hard to pin down and the longevity of them are subjuctive. Therefore, getting to the Doc earlier rather than later is important as the bruising from seatbelt etc will still be obvious.

Other than that, I will leave it to the Personal Injuries Lawyers to make contact with her!!!

BLD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    was that you ?

thankyou shocked and suprised but thankyou, i thought you hated the ground i walked on
    Ya, sure it was...................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by bigladdub View Post
    QPH,

the law actually states that accidents must be reported ONLY if someone is injured. In this case, Kelly seems to have only noticed her injuries well after the accident which is quite common.

As long as she has the details of the car/driver that hit her from behind, she needs to contact her insurance company and make them aware of it. It is also likely that if the car in front of her makes a claim, that she will be liable until it is established that the car behind her forced her into him.

Timing is very important. Some insurance companies have a condition that an accident is reported within 48 hours.

In any event,hopefully her injuries are not serious. However, she should report them to her insurance company who will send her to a doc so that they can be assessed. The nature of soft tissue injuris is that they are generally hard to pin down and the longevity of them are subjuctive. Therefore, getting to the Doc earlier rather than later is important as the bruising from seatbelt etc will still be obvious.

Other than that, I will leave it to the Personal Injuries Lawyers to make contact with her!!!

BLD
    If thats the law then ok. I was told by an artic lorry company I worked for that you have to report any accident to police but maybe they just did not have a lot of faith with qp behind the wheel of an artic
    Last edited by Quarterpoundher; 09-06-10 at 00:11.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCurvybabe View Post
    i thought you hated the ground i walked on
    Ah again im misunderstood sweetie. I dont hate the ground anyone walks on but i have no probs speaking my mind. Just because i speak my mind doesnt mean i hate them or the ground they walk on.After all the time im on this site ,ppl still dont get me. A person would have a dispute with me and that would be the end of that dispute then as far as im concerned.There isnt any ongoing stuff with me.

nope it wasnt me,i would have charged you,
    Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 09-06-10 at 12:16.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Ah again im misunderstood sweetie. I dont hate the ground anyone walks on but i have no probs speaking my mind. Just because i speak my mind doesnt mean i hate them or the ground they walk on.After all the time im on this site ,ppl still dont get me. A person would have a dispute with me and that would be the end of that dispute then as far as im concerned.There isnt any ongoing stuff with me.

nope it wasnt me,i would have charged you,
    Westside.
    Not even with the Ladooooooooooooo??????
    The Truth is out there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123