Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Israel deports activists from irish aid ship

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Yeah it's an incredibly complex situation with rights and wrongs on both sides but come on... Israel's actions in this, as in most things Israel does are completely indefensible. They have an arrogance and disregard for other's rights and opinions that can only come from believing you have some special divine place in the universe given to you by the invisible magic sky person.. This is one of the main reasons I detest religion so much...

Another thing that is utterly ignored here is the responsibility that Europe/US have for creating this situation in the first place....
    yes religion is used as a reason for war over there...then i guess it has been used many times all over the world...but my view for what its worth is isreal are in an situation where they are being attacked by cowards who mame and kill innocent people so i guess there position which looks indefenensible is a position where they are close to breaking point all the time ...and does anyone really believe the boats with aid were not a publicity stunt???? isreal overreacted but i think that the plan was to get them to react.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by punterminator View Post
    Yeah it's an incredibly complex situation with rights and wrongs on both sides but come on... Israel's actions in this, as in most things Israel does are completely indefensible. They have an arrogance and disregard for other's rights and opinions that can only come from believing you have some special divine place in the universe given to you by the invisible magic sky person.. This is one of the main reasons I detest religion so much...

Another thing that is utterly ignored here is the responsibility that Europe/US have for creating this situation in the first place....
    Good point about religon.If you look through the history of the world most wars have been about religon .ie crusades,wwII and even the iraq war where bush claimed god was telling to invade him iraq.
    I have lived a life of regrets.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    Good point about religon.If you look through the history of the world most wars have been about religon .ie crusades,wwII and even the iraq war where bush claimed god was telling to invade him iraq.
    Uh huh great quote from Steven Weinberg on this..
    "I think that on the balance the moral influence of religion has been awful. With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil. But for good people to do evil -- that takes religion."
    Anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

Reviews

As long as the US give unconditional backing to Isreal they are never going to have to find a solution other than force. I am not anti Isreal and I certainly don't condone Hamas but just killing each other isnt going to bring about a resolution.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasJ For This Useful Post:

benin (06-06-10)

State bought €14m of weapons from Israel - Europe, World News - Independent.ie

We are a supporting the zionist military-industrial complex.
    People should write to their Reps and get this changed
    Spread the word on this.

he Sunday Independent had highlighted Israel's success in winning a series of arms contracts in recent years. Israel is also expected to be in the running for a series of new Irish contracts for over 20 million rounds of small-arms ammunition.

Among the other arms bought from Israel are X-ray equipment for bomb disposal, drone aircraft, artillery fire control systems, and surveillance equipment for armoured vehicles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12