Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Improvement suggestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Improvement suggestion

Did it ever happened to you that someone on this forum wrote something which you found a little...... lets say disturbing? Did you notice that posters in such situations become insulting and keep engaging in slagging matches which have nothing common with the original topic?

Now there can be put end to this!

I suggest to add and "asshole button" to each members post. Then everyone can click on that button whenever that person pisses him off and so release the steam.
    There is another advantage to this that in a while we would see who is the biggest asshole on EI.
    Of course using this button would have to be anonymous.

( Don't ask me whose post I was reading when this idea occured to me )

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

El Gordo (23-06-10), northernwaster (06-06-10)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Its too open to abuse I would say...same as the reps

Who do I trust? I trust me!

Blog Entries

We can do this. If you give bad reputation, we can set a level at which bad reputation equals a ban.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    we can set a level at which bad reputation equals a ban.
    You do know that if im not here i cant mod????

cant read ppls pms either :-(
    Westside.

Blog Entries

We can do this. If you give bad reputation, we can set a level at which bad reputation equals a ban.
    Open to abuse. This function cannot be anonymous otherwise people will use it for personal reasons that have nothing to do with the actual posts..........

At the very least, I think it can't be anonymous and can only be used by established members..............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Hopefully not without a little investigations, as some people can be malitious with no good reason.
    But other then that, perfect idea.

(Currently posting using ID "Sensual Delights")

Thumbs up

I need to make few things clear here.

This wouldnt be as serious as bad reputation and would in no way cause a ban.
    It would be more like the thread we had "toilet duck" where people can let go off steam by pressing that button even many times if they are very angry instead of writing angry BS response.

The asshole status would grow very slowly otherwise some guys wouldnt have enough space for it in their profile soon enough So lets say hundred times pressed button would cause the ass reputation to grow only by quarter an inch or so.

It just a baby idea didnt think through yet. Just happened to be in a situation where i wished such button was there ( since there are members you cannot put on ignore list )

Anyway, thanks Pat for brisk reply I appreciate that you pay this attention although there are many other technical topics.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna23 For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (05-06-10)

Shoot! Pat, that was quick

Reviews

Open to abuse big time!

How to get a mod banned.....................just use your 20 profiles to give him/her bad reputation points.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Alana (05-06-10), pablo_23 (06-06-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    Open to abuse big time!

How to get a mod banned.....................just use your 20 profiles to give him/her bad reputation points.
    Ah but mods can opt out of reputation system specifically for this type of reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast