Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Beards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere along bus route 46A
    Posts
    1,555
    Reviews
    4

    Default Beards

    Have finally managed to grow my beard , it's been touch and go over the last 3 months as to whether or not i could get over the seemingly endless scratching and irratation it caused . It's tough going as usually the day is split , up to around 5pm i'd hate the look of it but once i finished work and the nights closed in i'd really enjoy having it .

    So who here has a beard and who would like one but cant be arsed ?
    I have no signature at the moment

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Independent Republic of Cork
    Posts
    6,123
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Have finally managed to grow my beard , it's been touch and go over the last 3 months as to whether or not i could get over the seemingly endless scratching and irratation it caused . It's tough going as usually the day is split , up to around 5pm i'd hate the look of it but once i finished work and the nights closed in i'd really enjoy having it .

    So who here has a beard and who would like one but cant be arsed ?
    I started growing a beard in my mid 20s and had a full one for years.
    It was fine not having to shave every day but eventually I got tired of it and off it came.
    I then was clean shaven for a long time but in recent times I have grown a goatee,
    Just another phase I guess.
    The Truth is out there.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    I started growing a beard in my mid 20s and had a full one for years.
    It was fine not having to shave every day but eventually I got tired of it and off it came.
    I then was clean shaven for a long time but in recent times I have grown a goatee,
    Just another phase I guess.
    Your ears seem to have grown a bit too......................

    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    where ever i may roam
    Posts
    4,872
    Reviews
    24

    Default

    i use to have very long hair and shaved it all off then i grew a real long goat beard it was jet black just like kerry king from slayer it did look cool well i thought so at the time but when i use to meet escorts they did give me a strange look .....so its long gone now couldn't stick it in this heat now anyway

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Independent Republic of Cork
    Posts
    6,123
    Reviews
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    Your ears seem to have grown a bit too......................

    Plus other parts of me.
    The Truth is out there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    I've had a goatee for a while.
    Every so often I shave the fucker off and feel naked for about a week.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Have finally managed to grow my beard , it's been touch and go over the last 3 months as to whether or not i could get over the seemingly endless scratching and irratation it caused . It's tough going as usually the day is split , up to around 5pm i'd hate the look of it but once i finished work and the nights closed in i'd really enjoy having it .

    So who here has a beard and who would like one but cant be arsed ?
    I don't have one at the moment but I do flirt between clean shaven, the rugged look, the designer stubble and occasionally a beard and sometimes a goatee..........

    Depends on the mood, sometimes it's nice to just not shave for a few days, and if you don't for a few weeks or months, the feeling after you do is amazing.........

    For people who suffer from shaving rash, or beard rash or razor burn or what ever you want to call it, it can be nice to let it grow for a bit, but if it gets too long it will start to itch as the hairs grow back on themselves, the cause of this problem is usually ingrowing hairs...........

    A quick top for those who suffer..........

    If you have a lot of redness and razor burns around your neck and collar area, instead of shaving with an electric razor or open blade, just trim the hairs with a hair trimmer. This cuts the hair just above the surface but leaves a little poking through and allows the skin time to heal. When you get a really close shave the hair tries to grow back on itself before it even comes through the surface if the skin and this is what causes the problems.........
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,555
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Dont have a beard but

    Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Have finally managed to grow my beard , it's been touch and go over the last 3 months as to whether or not i could get over the seemingly endless scratching and irratation it caused . It's tough going as usually the day is split , up to around 5pm i'd hate the look of it but once i finished work and the nights closed in i'd really enjoy having it .

    So who here has a beard and who would like one but cant be arsed ?
    often have designer stubble i think is what its called. I call it laziness. I wouldnt grow a beard (have for times before) because they are a pain in the ass to shave off besides i have good jaws and a beard would hide them.

    jaws 3D,
    Westside.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    393
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I don't have one at the moment but I do flirt between clean shaven, the rugged look, the designer stubble and occasionally a beard and sometimes a goatee..........

    Depends on the mood, sometimes it's nice to just not shave for a few days, and if you don't for a few weeks or months, the feeling after you do is amazing.........

    For people who suffer from shaving rash, or beard rash or razor burn or what ever you want to call it, it can be nice to let it grow for a bit, but if it gets too long it will start to itch as the hairs grow back on themselves, the cause of this problem is usually ingrowing hairs...........

    A quick top for those who suffer..........

    If you have a lot of redness and razor burns around your neck and collar area, instead of shaving with an electric razor or open blade, just trim the hairs with a hair trimmer. This cuts the hair just above the surface but leaves a little poking through and allows the skin time to heal. When you get a really close shave the hair tries to grow back on itself before it even comes through the surface if the skin and this is what causes the problems.........
    If you use a toothbrush on your face (I know it sounds weird) it encourages the hairs to come out of the skin and stops them growing inwards.
    Can't remember where I heard it but it seems to work for me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mymisters View Post
    If you use a toothbrush on your face (I know it sounds weird) it encourages the hairs to come out of the skin and stops them growing inwards.
    Can't remember where I heard it but it seems to work for me.
    Ya, sometimes when I have a bit of a beard I brush it with a hair brush to encourage the hairs out and away from the skin........

    Note to Rimmer, this eases the itchyness................
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •