Thread: Anyone using WiMAX?

Reviews

Default Anyone using WiMAX?

Just wondering if anyone is using WiMAX and what they thought of it? Currently i'm using Breeze but the speed is max 4mb (altough it's faster for me ) and doesn't look like they will be increasing it's speed where WiMAX claims to be 7mb and the possibility of it increasing up to 20mb next year..

Reviews

Nope not yet. But am looking closely. Just being offered here in cork over the past few months. To see Irish Broadband at 20mb is like saying the M50 will be finished soon. Lol

Reviews

I've heard mixed reviews about Wimax, but then again that would be no different for any of the BB providers.

checked it out and the basic account only allows a 10GB limit a month.With speeds of 8Mb people would definitely go over that.That option costs 40euro however for an extra 20euro you get unlimited download and upload limit.Think that's the option I'll be going for.Should be in my area before September

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by urslave188 View Post
    checked it out and the basic account only allows a 10GB limit a month.With speeds of 8Mb people would definitely go over that.That option costs 40euro however for an extra 20euro you get unlimited download and upload limit.Think that's the option I'll be going for.Should be in my area before September
    I have signed up for the 7mb, €35 / month unlimited with 4:1 contention but they can't install untill July so in the mean time i'm more interested in the quality of service so I can cancel and stick with what I have if I hear to many bad reports?

ive heard its coming across the nation...wimax

WiMax is awesome. It's the only way I can get broadband. It only came here about 2 and a half years ago and before that everyone had 56k. We'd all still be on 56k if it weren't for WiMax. It's really expensive where I am though, I don't know if they're cleaning up or if it really costs that much, probably a mixture of both.

For those that don't know: WiMax is like Wifi but over a very large area of space. It works over the area, you need a special aerial/satelitte pointing in a certain way to receive the signal.

With WiMax you know you're really getting your connection speed exactly, DSL speeds and other speeds can go up and down but with WiMax you get exactly what you're told in the pay plan at all times.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 04-06-10 at 17:19.