Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cuts to lone parents just the start

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Punter esq View Post
    You see there were plenty of jobs around in shops/restaurants & Irish people wouldnt do it preferring to sponge off the Government 'sher I'd get the same on the dole for doing nothing' attitude too many wouldnt work to warm themselves these are the people who are being targeted but it fucks everyone who now find themselves on the dole through no fault of their own Well Lone Parents recipients are really taking the piss over the years Why should taxpayers subsidize peoples life choices? If u want to have a child off u go but dont expect the state to support it, every child has two parents let the parents pay not the state oh ya 'Lone Parents' are top of the housing list too while the boyfriend(father) drops in now & again -to balance my post the Government committed another 2Bn to Anglo Irish Bank today......
    Some lone parents are lone parents by virtue of being widows, seperated/divorced due to sometimes circumstances beyond their control.
    Not all lone parents are taking the piss, and it is up to the Department to investigate and prosecute the ppl who are taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Some lone parents are lone parents by virtue of being widows, seperated/divorced due to sometimes circumstances beyond their control.
    Not all lone parents are taking the piss, and it is up to the Department to investigate and prosecute the ppl who are taking the piss.
    ya thats fine if its beyond the persons control Lone Parents Allowance is fine to such people but this is a huge racket dont forget our East European neighbours have latched on in their droves too i.e Child Benefit 180+ monthly= same as a monthly wage over there...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by aml View Post
    I have seen thousands upon tousands of euro being literary flushed down the toilet.A former employer of mine used to do electrical work for the council.This would entail rewiring, fixing socket appliances etc.Onthe job one day we got a call out to a house where every socket was shattered with a hammer by the occupants and had to replace them with new ones as they watched us.See anything wrong there.These people have been abusing the system for years,you know the people i am talking about.They should have been fucked out of that house so fast there heads would still be spinning and the house given to someone who a little respect for others.Oh the shit i have seen literally and figureatly.
    Fucking pikeys!!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    Well its quite obvious the present system is nigh impossible to police so they deff need to approach supporting the genuine people using a different
    angle. This is a beginning as u cant just dismantle a system overnight it has to be phased in
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Everybody knows this dept is completely fucked. It's the biggest leak in the place.............

A complete scam, being ripped off all over the place and being taken advantage of at every corner by lazy fuckers and con artists..........

A couple of thousand sweeping brushes and bin bags, that's the next thing that should be put in the dole office...........

Next lazy fucker that walks in looking for his dole, never having looked for a job in his life..........

Yes sir, no problem, here's a sweeping brush, out you go there and sweep the street for a few hours and when it's nice and clean come back to me and I'll give you a bit of your dole, come back tomorrow, do the same and I'll give you a bit more.............

In fact here, meet the local tidy town committee, you work for them now..................

And everybody should have to have at least attempted the leaving cert to be allowed to draw the dole, if not have actually achieved a certain number of points..........

I for one am sick of funding lazy fucking dropouts who wouldn't work to warm themselves and are to lazy to get out of bed in the morning to even look for a job...........

Dole offices and recruitement agencies should be merged, no more situation vacant ads in the papers or shop windows, you need help or have a job to give someone, ring the dole office, send someone up, if it's a non skilled job, or perhaps something that requires some quick training, no problem, train them up if required, if they don't want the job, or couldn't keep it, tough shit, no more dole........

It's no wonder we've turned into a nation of lazy snobby fuckers.............

Rant over............for now..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

In the last 2 months I have offered 3 mates jobs just to give them something to do, in each case they had a trade but couldn;t get work, do you know how many work for me now... 0, the money I was offering was less than what they were getting on the dole, ok money I offered wasn't what they were used to but it was nearly double minimum wage.. How can that be right, in each case they had kids and the wife wasn't working either...

Blog Entries

Typical example Anon, no incentive to work..................

PS, I rarely give jobs to friends, to messy, not work the hastle some times..............
    L

Reviews

Everyone in the US has gone apeshit about Obama's medicare bill. The basic crux of the conservative argument is "why should we pay our tax dollars to bail out lazy useless cunts who won't get a job?", but surely every citizen of a civilised modern state needs to be able to depend on social welfare if they need it, whether or not they're lazy useless cunts or not?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey View Post
    Everyone in the US has gone apeshit about Obama's medicare bill. The basic crux of the conservative argument is "why should we pay our tax dollars to bail out lazy useless cunts who won't get a job?", but surely every citizen of a civilised modern state needs to be able to depend on social welfare if they need it, whether or not they're lazy useless cunts or not?
    I agree mini-me that we do need social welfare to help people thru difficult times but when they are turning down jobs because it wouldn't pay them to come off it something is wrong.. Most trades guy's are getting a few odd jobs and that coupled with the dole they are nearly better off than when they were working, they should insist on re-training after a short period of time so that they can't get the odd jobs so they would have to get a real tax paying job..

Blog Entries

surely every citizen of a civilised modern state needs to be able to depend on social welfare if they need itt?
    Yes..............

whether or not they're lazy useless cunts or not?
    No...........
    L

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast