Thread: OT - Best Pubs for the Rugby

1. Cool OT - Best Pubs for the Rugby

I know its OT but can anyone tell me where's best to watch the rugby on Saturday? Me and the girls want somewhere busy with a good atmosphere, but not so packed you are queing half an hour for a drink. There has to be gorgeous rugby type men for us to look at, that's a must!!!!! I am thinking D4 but we'll go wherever the best men are!!!! Also are shamrock stick on diamante tatoos naff or sexy? Any advice from you connoisseurs of women would be much appreciated xxx
    Diamond's are a girls best friend, but I'm a modern woman who also accepts euros and all other major currencies.

2. Default

Howya Marilyn

Diamante shamrocks, well if it looks silly then generally it is silly but you can get away with anything on Paddy's day.

As for good pubs, D4 is definitely the area to be in so here's a list.

Ballsbridge:
    Paddy Cullens (good but packed)
    Bellamy's (another good un)

Shelbourne Road/Grand Canal Street
    Slattery's (excellent but I've been barred for the last 7 years over a disagreement with the then alcoholic manager)
    Kitty O'Shea's (another good rugger bugger spot)

Begger's Bush/Haddington Road
    51 (good pub)
    Begger's Bush (old people, excellent pint, cheap)

Baggot Street
    All the bars

Ringsend
    Oarsman (my favourite)
    Clarkes (bit sterile)
    Vintage (cosy but it'll be packed)
    The Fiddler's something (don't go in unless you're 16 and wearing a miniskirt about 1" above the cockpit) absolutely great for sightseeing.

Kehoes (St. Anne Street)
    Donehy & Nesbits (Merrion Row)

Hope that helps.

3. Default

Thank so much DubM37. That's loads of info. I'm looking forward to a great paddy's day now. I think I'll have to do a pub crawl as there are too many to choose from
    Diamond's are a girls best friend, but I'm a modern woman who also accepts euros and all other major currencies.