Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man arrested over Bradford prostitute murders

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Dont be an idiot, do you honestly believe if they were hairdresser's they would have it in a headline
    of course they would, the press loves association. This guy has been taken in for murdering one prostitute that was seen on CCTV, as far as I can see it's been the press that have added the other 3/4 prostitutes as they have been murdered in the same area. Just look at a few years ago when prostitutes were murdered by the truck driver in Ipswich, the press dubbed him the Suffolk Strangler. If anyone was to go out tomorrow and kill 3/4 air hostesses, hair dressers or any other occupations then that is what the newspapers would lead with as it's the fact they are all the same is what makes the crime different from others.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monster_monster For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (27-05-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    The media knows how sensitive this subject is! How would you feel if it was one of your Daughter's Mother or Sister?
    I think it is a bloody disgrace, it infuriates me .

The headlines reflect that this was simply the common denominator in the murders.

They're not trying to disparage these unfortunate girls (not the broadsheet press anyway) but the news is the news and they have to report it, whatever form it takes.

There have been countless serial murders of prostitutes over the decades and all grab the public attention, sadly this is a fact. From Jack the Ripper to Ted Bundy, they all get reported and we always read them.

Whether it's black teen shootings in London, the murder or white South Africans, the Mexican drug mules or secterian violence up the north is irrelevant, all news has to be reported from a collective perspective. It would be irresponsible of them to not report the circumstances.

Nobody wants to hear that these girls have been murdered regardless of their profession but the news also serves to warn others to be more vigilant. Hopefully something positive will come out of this latest episode.

I'm with you on this one by the way, I'm just playing devils advocate.
    Last edited by Mr Magoo; 27-05-10 at 12:33.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Magoo For This Useful Post:

nicegirlsarenice (27-05-10)

Its a sad reminder of how dangerous this job is and can be. Regardless of how you meet your client - off the street into his car, or into your place of work.

T

Reviews

What is it about the Yorkshire area every few years theres a serial killer who kills street girls. First the Yorkshire ripper. And a few years ago there was a serial killer who killed 5 I think. If I remember correct I think it was in Yorkshire too.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Dont be an idiot, do you honestly believe if they were hairdresser's they would have it in a headline
    I don't believe that what Nicegirls said was that far off the mark.............he probably just used a bad example. If somebody was going around murdering priests, gays, cops, children or models for example, they probably would include what the victims were or did in the headline. However, I do agree that the headline seeks to sensationalise the story, but that is what headlines are intended to do...........draw your attention to the story, and I think we would all agree that this is an important story. As long as the article reported the facts of the case in an unbiased manner, I don't see any problem with it and it could serve to warn other working girls of the danger in a particular area. If the circumstances of the victims were not disclosed than a) everybody in the area might feel themselves at risk, and b) sex workers might not realise that they were at particular risk.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 27-05-10 at 13:35.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Of course they would anon361.... are you being sarcastic or something??? A distinguishing, clear-as-daylight trait that links all the murders together, and you think they wouldn't have that in the headlines?

As for the other posts: personally I don't understand that as I can't put myself in the heads of a person that would think that prostitution was embarassing or in any way less good or less glamourous than another employment whatsoever.... so that concept is lost on me.
    Actually, sorry nice, when I think about it, it's me that's the idiot of course the morons would. I suppose it's more because of the stiggma attached to being a prostitute and how it effects family members when it is put up in big print that upsets people more than the fact the papers do it. Sorry mate, even if I still felt I was right, calling you or anyone an idiot for expressing a genuine opinion was wrong

Actually, sorry nice, when I think about it, it's me that's the idiot of course the morons would. I suppose it's more because of the stiggma attached to being a prostitute and how it effects family members when it is put up in big print that upsets people more than the fact the papers do it. Sorry mate, even if I still felt I was right, calling you or anyone an idiot for expressing a genuine opinion was wrong
    lol, don't worry about it. There have been rare occasions I've called someone an idiot or similar only to actually backpedal a lot or agree with them later. If we had to be that 100% sure all the time we'd almost never be able to call each other words like idiots.

I was a bit surprised it was you saying it as your posts are normally of a very high quality.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 27-05-10 at 17:27.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    lol, don't worry about it. There have been rare occasions I've called someone an idiot or similar only to actually backpedal a lot or agree with them later. If we had to be that 100% sure all the time we'd almost never be able to call each other words like idiots.

I was a bit surprised it was you saying it as your posts are normally of a very high quality.
    Bad day mate, thanks btw, as Gibbs would say, Rule #51 Sometimes were wrong LOL
    Last edited by anon361; 27-05-10 at 17:52.

Reviews

If everyone could resolve their disputes the way Anon and Nicegirls have I would have nothing to do Fair play to you both. It's a lesson for everyone.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thehighwayman For This Useful Post:

anon361 (27-05-10)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12