Thread: Hey sports fans.............

Blog Entries

Default Hey sports fans.............

I know not everybody may be a fan of rugby, but just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the governments recent proposal to make all the rugby free to air................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

I'm in favour of it. Sky can have the feckin soccer, but there's no way the bastards should be allowed get their hands on rugby or gaa.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    I'm in favour of it. Sky can have the feckin soccer, but there's no way the bastards should be allowed get their hands on rugby or gaa.
    I don't really follow the rugby Gerry, sorry I meant Carlos, but what do you think about the IRFU argument about the money that has come from Sky to help improve the professional rugby set up that now exists, and contributed to Munster and Leinster winning the Heineken Cup and Ireland winning a Grand Slam after 60 years.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    I don't really follow the rugby Gerry, sorry I meant Carlos, but what do you think about the IRFU argument about the money that has come from Sky to help improve the professional rugby set up that now exists, and contributed to Munster and Leinster winning the Heineken Cup and Ireland winning a Grand Slam after 60 years.
    The amount that the IRFU gets from Sky is not that great. If the gobshites had'nt made that stupid deal with AVIVA, they could have come to a better arrangement with the GAA over the continued availability and use of Croke Park and both associations would be raking in the benefits of the extra capacity for really big fixtures. Holding Leinster v Munster meetings (even Magners league ones) at the RDS is a joke. Hold them in the AVIVA stadium and the Six Nations and Heiniken Cup matches at Croke Park. Plus if the government is serious about promoting rugby, then they could also have stumped up more in the way of grants to the IRFU via the Sports Council. Then put the money and resources where it will achieve the greatest long term benefits............the schools, clubs and provincial academies.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos marvado For This Useful Post:

Forrest (22-05-10)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I know not everybody may be a fan of rugby, but just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the governments recent proposal to make all the rugby free to air................

Every sport should be free to air. I dont like this bs of rights to air. Sky fucked sports in a way.

Westside.

no way free to air - if you want it pay for it - its not that expensive

and fuck the gaa and croke park- they've smelt the money and are greedy for more - fuck em - bloody facists

i'd like to see the heads off the gaa drown in a festering pool of their own puke and piss