Thread: Free to air

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default Free to air

With the news that the sports minister is trying to get heinken rugby and other sports free to air,Does anyone think this is a good or bad idea.With the irfu saying they will lose up to 12m in revenue does anyone feel symphaty for the asscoation?

Its a bad idea if the department are trying to justify a raise in the T.V. license , --- RTE get both revenue and Commercial advertising fees, then with it
    overpay their mediocre "Stars" and Directors.--------- National games should remain free to air, but Clubs have the right to charge to be televised.
    In my opinion.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by desperate dan View Post
    Its a bad idea if the department are trying to justify a raise in the T.V. license , --- RTE get both revenue and Commercial advertising fees, then with it
    overpay their mediocre "Stars" and Directors.--------- National games should remain free to air, but Clubs have the right to charge to be televised.
    In my opinion.
    Personally i think it is a bad idea as desperate dan has said it would probably would lead to an increase to rte license revenues etc,it could also lead to an exodus of our rugby players as with reduced revenue it could mean wages are slashed.

Blog Entries

it's a bloody sham that the minister is doing this, the money that the irfu will loose will only cause the teams to suffer. Not only will the inter provincial teams not be able to pay the wages some of the bigger stars deserve to keep them here, but the money that eventually trickles down to the smaller clubs will also go astray. I agree with Dan that all this will lead to is a rise in licence fees and eventually the only professional sport played at world class level will suffer.

Wooden spoon in 2015?