Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British fail to attend Famine ceremony

Blog Entries

Maybe they were too busy boiling the spuds.

we now import spuds?????????????????????????????????????????
    Westside.

Blog Entries

I didn't attend either

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monster_monster View Post
    I didn't attend either
    Me neither!
    Although my name wasn't mentioned in the papers!

They should not be invited ..
    It would be like a murderer being invited to his victims anniversary mass...
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries
    Reviews

One of the first to help where in fact English ie the Quakers,we didnt help ourselves ,large beef and grain farmers where still exporting right throughout the famine ,it wasn't just the English that where following the"laissez faire" model of economics,lets stop looking back with green tinted glasses
    a thousand kisses deep..

The farmers exporting the beef and grain were english landlords installed by the crown..

How were the Irish supposed to help themselves when they were living in abject poverty and under a tyrannical regime with the sole purpose of milking the country of its assets even before the famine ?

When the potato crop failed they were unable to pay their rent and were turfed out on the road...

To try and defend the english here is on a par with defending Hitler and Nazi Germany...
    Last edited by Drake Ramora; 18-05-10 at 13:05.
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Oscar Wilde

Lets hope they didn’t show up out of shame but then again I doubt that was the reason as they’ve never shown any shame or remorse to any country they’ve terrorised throughout history.

Reviews

There was no need for anybody go hungry when you could beat a sheep to death and then eat it.....................the problem was that our ancestors were more interested in shagging the poor beasts than eating them.

Not too complimentary a remark there mate, but hey , a smart move would be to kill 2 birds with one stone and shag em to death then eat them.
    (re :ancestors , are you confusing the Irish with the Welsh by any chance?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast