Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: head shops are close down?is that good or not??

Default head shops are close down?is that good or not??

i think if the goverment close head shops it will lose big time....

Quote Originally Posted by escmark View Post
    i think if the goverment close head shops it will lose big time....
    Very true.

Drug dealers have virtually disappeared from Dublin since people have been able to buy their chosen product legally. That can only be a good thing for society as they are no longer contributing to the gangland violence and murder which was getting out of control in parts of the city.

I appreciate this does not solve the social problem of people having access to drugs it's a start.

Even if they do close they have served a good purpose as those who are now used to paying 20 euro for a gram of something are unlikely to ever go back to paying 100.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Drug dealers have virtually disappeared from Dublin since people have been able to buy their chosen product legally.
    Sweet Jesus, Mr Magoo, seriously, you don't actually think that do you???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

It's a very, very good thing, of course it is. I would consider anything else human cruelty.

Reviews

Just ask Paul Williams and he'll telly you they havn't disappeared.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    It's a very, very good thing, of course it is. I would consider anything else human cruelty.
    There is a great need for drugs/fun education for everyone...

7. Default

Drug dealers have not disappeared, from Dublin or anywhere else. The few headshops that were attacked, do you think it was joe public that was behind those? I don't think so. It was more likerly to be dealers because the headshops were cutting into their profits. And people who are hooked on drugs, recreational or hardcore, will do anything to get their next fix. Money isn't a deterent,. They will find some way of getting their hands on the cash.

I didn't agree with the headshops being opened because they were so in your face. This isn't Amsterdam. There were kids in my area popping into them at lunch time, in their school uniforms, and getting what they wanted. How can that be right? Even in Amsterdam, where this sort of stuff is legal and all cafes are licensed, if a cafe has been found to serve an under 18, they loose their license. That's because there is good legislation and regulation there.

There isn't the capicity to do that here. You only havr to look at the problems that alcohol cause here. It's licensed, and regulated, but still there is feck all control. How many times have you seen youngsters drunk as a wheel? Headshops have no place here until there is proper regulation and licencing. But I don't have enough faith in the powers that be in this country to bring in something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by irl69 View Post
    Theres nothing wrong with head shops, i dont partake personally although i probably would have a few years ago.

a couple of people get fucked up on something they take from a head shop and the media have a fucking feild day with it. Its just hysteria mass fucking hysteria, the only people giving out about them are the people that dont use them

alcohol fucks up more people each week then drugs ever will and we actually have ads on the radio TELLING people to go down the pub.

Now the drug lords know the head shops will most likely be closed down so they are going and mass-buying their stock so they can sell it back to people at inflated prices after the closure

Drug dealers are dissapearing. A local Gardai has told me that the area I live in hasn't had one arrest for dealing in the last five months.

I know a lot of people who take substances at the weekends. Not one of them has been to a dealer since head shops opened.

Regarding drug lords mass-buying stocks, well even they will see the stupidity of this. Firstly anyone can buy the stuff on-line, 3 grams of the current number one product is 40 euro. Secondly, the Chinese already have the next generation of drugs to replace those on the banned list.

Any dealer who is mass-buying current stocks will simply be stuck with yesterdays product.

Reviews

drug dealers may be disapearing but that doesn't change the fact that in this country we have a big problem with drugs and closing these shops is not going to make much of a difference to the society we live in these days. Unfortuantly there will always be drugs and people willing to take them.

If history teaches us anything it is that prohibition never works.
    Proper control and regulation is the answer.

Think of the revenue from taxes if all drugs were legal...
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast