Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: manners whilst driving...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,713
    Reviews
    35

    Default manners whilst driving...

    Have you noticed that some people are reluctant to give way to you?
    When you give way to some people, let them out onto road from the left
    they do not acknowledge this with a wave or thanks of any kind?

    They pretend in there heads that your act of generosity was simply the rules
    of the road being handed to them?
    I could never do this deliberately.

    This type of social ignorance worries me/depresses me.

    Now I avoid being ripped off-if only people could grow up a bit?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default All they do is make themselves miserable.

    Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    Have you noticed that some people are reluctant to give way to you?
    When you give way to some people, let them out onto road from the left
    they do not acknowledge this with a wave or thanks of any kind?

    They pretend in there heads that your act of generosity was simply the rules
    of the road being handed to them?
    I could never do this deliberately.

    This type of social ignorance worries me/depresses me.

    Now I avoid being ripped off-if only people could grow up a bit?
    It actually shows a weakness on their part as much as anything else. Imagine making someone like this drunk and then ppl wonder why there is so much alcohol related trouble around.

    Westside.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    I was trying to get into a really congested min-roundabout a while ago and because of all the traffic my entry-lane was completely stuck and I couldn't get on it. For some roundabouts one entry line goes and then the other line goes, but this time everything was so full of traffic my line would literally never get onto it with how things were. On the other hand, alternate cars being allowed in from each line would have worked really well because we were so blocked.

    So I just edged in, it was all stop-start stuff, we were going sooooo slowly. But this guy just kept coming and coming and by the time we were both stopped by the congestion and I was half in he had moved up to literally about 2cm next to me as if he was going to try to force his way along the inside and you should have seen the LOOK on his face and the stare at me, as if I had totally cut across him in a dangerous way when I was just trying to help the traffic to flow right and not block up my own line any longer.
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 05-05-10 at 15:55.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I was trying to get into a really congested min-roundabout a while ago and because of all the traffic my entry-lane was completely stuck and I couldn't get on it. For some roundabouts one entry line goes and then the other line goes, but this time everything was so full of traffic my line would literally never get onto it with how things were. On the other hand, alternate cars being allowed in from each line would have worked really well because we were so blocked.

    So I just edged in, it was all stop-start stuff, we were going sooooo slowly. But this guy just kept coming and coming and by the time we were both stopped by the congestion and I was half in he had moved up to literally about 2cm next to me as if he was going to try to force his way along the inside and you should have seen the LOOK on his face and the stare at me, as if I had totally cut across him in a dangerous way when I was just trying to help the traffic to flow right and not block up my own line any longer.
    I told you before, you don't need to worry about this sort of thing. That's the job of the man driving the bus you were on.............
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    I told you before, you don't need to worry about this sort of thing. That's the job of the man driving the bus you were on.............
    Yes you told me before, and it was funny the first time you said it, maybe time for some new material....?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Yes you told me before, and it was funny the first time you said it, maybe time for some new material....?
    Ok, give me a minute.................
    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default For God sake, be carefull.......

    You could have been crushed.................

    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    You really should stick to these..............

    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Why were you walking in the middle of the road in the first place???

    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Under Patricia.........
    Posts
    8,423
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Couldn't the other guy tell you were trying to do some work???

    Advertising space available for hire, and reviews for sale, just call me....xxx

    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •