Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70 cent for a plastic bag ???????

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lordjohn View Post
    Just thought I would throw this out to the forum, possibly get fuck all replies.

Dunnes Stores have to my knowledge stopped providing the flimsy 22 cent plastic bags.

They only do the thicker plastic one which they are now charging 70 cent for up from 35 Cent.

(Tesco, Lidl and Aldi are still charging 35 cent for the heavy plastic bag).

Dunnes also do a material bag for 70 cent, I alsways now ask for the material bag as a I reckon it costs them more to buy them in so why should I pay the 70 for a plastic one.

I have asked several manager types in a city centre Dunnes and to be honest they are clueless with replies like "maybe it's the bag levy" etc.

I recall Dunnes had a recent court case with the Revenue over disputed bag levy collections so it may be something from that, it's not one of those things keeping me up at night but I would like to know the reason for the hike.

Any suggestions ?
    like everyone has said already keep some good quality plastic bags in the boot of your car and reuse them each time thats the answer to that .....wait till they bring out fart tax then you will have something to worry aboutlol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    The government plastic bag levy only comes into effect if you charge less than 70c for one, hence why they increased their prices, they are as LJ pointed out in dispute with the government over duties owed so as an up yours they increased their prices on the heavy plastic bag but reduced them on the re-useable ones so they don't have to pay any levies. I for one think it's a great thing, we ahould all be re-using our bags anyway..
    It's a risky move that could put some people off shopping there and make them look greedy.............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

3. Default

What the F* 70 cent?

I would just do it the old school why, no bags please.. and show everyone ont the street i bought milk and love it!

But are that not the recycled bags? they are often more expensive...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12