Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather v Mosley

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    You know you are right. I dont see much now. I remember the good ol days when me Da would allow me to stay up and watch Ali fight. Then there was Barry McGuigan when the whole country was behind him, and he is still milking it to this day. But I gotta say my hero was Tyson. I watched him from bronx yobo to greatness. those were the good days for boxing with the characters of Don King, Hollyfield, Frank Bruno (remember him), Michael Spinks, Larry Holmes, Razor Ruddock and lucky Buster Douglas that shocked us all to beat Tyson. But it was In 2002 or 2003 (cant remeber the date) Lennox beat Tyson with a Knockout in the 7th or 8th. This was the time I loved boxing. It really hasnt been the same since. I can remember planning my week around seeing a heavyweight fight. Sadly all gone now. Except for David Haye Who seems to be a good fighter I have lost interest in the sport. So wd-40 maybe of a different era to you but I do enjoy m boxing.

Not a fan of the man in my avatar Jimbo??

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Not a fan of the man in my avatar Jimbo??
    Deman.. im a fan of yours... and surely thats all that counts!!!!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    mayweather wins this by any way he wants imo. Likely a one-sided unanimous decision.
    Hmm...I don't think he can win however he likes. Thats really underrating Mosley....for instance if Floyd stands in the pocket and trades he'll get ko'd. But of course he won't do that. He'll use his brilliant jab and straight right to upset Mosley's rhythm and pot shot his way to victory. If he wins impressivley ( i.e by KO ), he'll overtake Manny as pound4pound no.1 which will give him more leverage at the negotiation table when they start talking after this fight.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Deman.. im a fan of yours... and surely thats all that counts!!!!
    Well I have to say....it is nice to be more popular than Roberto Duran.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by debest View Post
    Hmm...I don't think he can win however he likes. Thats really underrating Mosley....for instance if Floyd stands in the pocket and trades he'll get ko'd. But of course he won't do that. He'll use his brilliant jab and straight right to upset Mosley's rhythm and pot shot his way to victory. If he wins impressivley ( i.e by KO ), he'll overtake Manny as pound4pound no.1 which will give him more leverage at the negotiation table when they start talking after this fight.
    i see your point with regards Mosely. I just hope Floyd does win so the match with manny happens.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    i see your point with regards Mosely. I just hope Floyd does win so the match with manny happens.
    Agreed....although if Mosley won, a fight between him and pacman would be a much more exciting fight. As long as Mosley hasn't aged too much I'd pick him to beat manny.....styles make fights! But he will lose to Mayweather.

7. Default

I have some big bets dutched for a Mayweather win by ko between rounds 1 and 9, can't see Mosely getting close to him. Mosely gets far too much credit for beating Margarito(without the plaster that time)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by wellhunggent View Post
    I have some big bets dutched for a Mayweather win by ko between rounds 1 and 9, can't see Mosely getting close to him. Mosely gets far too much credit for beating Margarito(without the plaster that time)
    Ya...he gets far too much credit for knocking out a man who had never been knocked out...a man who Floyd avoided. I'm sorry to say.... but you're going to lose your money. There is no way Mayweather will knock out Mosley. Mosley's chin is made of iron and Floyd's has hand problems. Mayweather can only fight in Vegas because the painkiller he uses for his hands is banned every where else. There is no eveidence to suggest that he can KO Mosley. But we'll find out for sure.

Reviews

hopefully mosley will batter him all round the ring and the 0 will go

Reviews

Brilliant performance by Mayweather! Got badly hurt in the 2nd but showed his heart and toughness which for some reason people doubt. Out from the 2nd round he completely dominated every aspect of the fight. I said if he traded with Mosley he'd knocked out, I was wrong. He bullied and outclassed Mosley who showed a great chin and heart to see it out. I'm more convinced than ever that Floyd will knock out Pacuiao.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast