Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel sorry for Michael O' Leary...

Default I feel sorry for Michael O' Leary...

One of the greatest entrepreneurs and real job-creators in Ireland, one of the major faces of Ireland abroad.

First it was 9/11 and the aftermath of checking passengers so much making it impossible to operate the "no frills" airline they had been selling.

Then the fuel prices skyrocketed and look to continue to rise.

Then the Irish government refused to allow Michael O' Leary have hangar 6 causing him to move 300 jobs abroad.

Then the Icelandic volcano happened and caused millions of euro of lost revenue and traumatic experience for some of the people flying.

And now he has to pay for all the accommodation and food costs for all of his passengers costing hundreds of euros each for in some cases a €4 ticket?

Reviews

the man is a massive tool, he tried to buy aer lingus shares at €2.48 2 years ago and they are now 0.71 cent, he could have bankrupt Ryanair, he agreed to a six month price for his aviation fuel and watched as the price of crude oil fall away thus causing Ryanair to pay more than 120 million dollars more than their competitors.
    he should go back to managing newsagents in kimmage, he treats his customers like livestock and primary reason for the success of ryanair is the price of a seat on their planes, if i was stuck with the missus, the mother-in-law and 3 ankle biters in some part of europe i would want re-compense...zero sympathy for o'leary.

every time there is a major sporting event on ..eg. Munster V Toulouse or Man Utd V Liverpool , the price trebles .
    JUSTICE FOR AMANDA KNOX AND RAFFAELE SOLLECITO----INNOCENTS

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    One of the greatest entrepreneurs and real job-creators in Ireland, one of the major faces of Ireland abroad.

First it was 9/11 and the aftermath of checking passengers so much making it impossible to operate the "no frills" airline they had been selling.

Then the Irish government refused to allow Michael O' Leary have hangar 6 causing him to move 300 jobs abroad.

Then the Icelandic volcano happened and caused millions of euro of lost revenue and traumatic experience for some of the people flying.

And now he has to pay for all the accommodation and food costs for all of his passengers costing hundreds of euros each for in some cases a €4 ticket?

I have sympathies for him too. I thought that 'forces of nature' like the volcano excluded airlines from compensating anything other than cost of flight. If he had flown his planes in spite of the restrictions imposed he would have been seen as a money grabbing boll**.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    the man is a massive tool, he tried to buy aer lingus shares at €2.48 2 years ago and they are now 0.71 cent, he could have bankrupt Ryanair, he agreed to a six month price for his aviation fuel and watched as the price of crude oil fall away thus causing Ryanair to pay more than 120 million dollars more than their competitors.
    he should go back to managing newsagents in kimmage, he treats his customers like livestock and primary reason for the success of ryanair is the price of a seat on their planes, if i was stuck with the missus, the mother-in-law and 3 ankle biters in some part of europe i would want re-compense...zero sympathy for o'leary.

every time there is a major sporting event on ..eg. Munster V Toulouse or Man Utd V Liverpool , the price trebles .
    Maybe the Aer Lingus share price wouldn't have dropped so much if he had taken control.
    Ryanair has helped significantly in getting the cost of flying down over the past 15 years. Aer Lingus and their cosy cartel are still more expensive and losing money. If you book early you can still get cheap flights, even for major sporting events.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Hes alright he shits money .... currently little constipated

Ryanir, Tescos , Ikea and the likes force competition , there is no Cartel agreements with these Companies,
    they have to be good for the consumer. The alternative --- Rip Off Ireland.
    The shaggin Dust Cloud is hardly of O`Leary`s making , I do think that compensation ruling is wrong.

Reviews

He's an evil capitalist bastard. Use Ryanair by all means if you want - but I'd hate to work for the cunt.

I recall an exposure documentory on Ryanair a while ago , most of their staff are subcontracted from a ruthless company called Crewlink Ltd. --- to be enrolled on their books you have to fork out €1500 I believe
    to get "trained" up . The major opt out by Ryanair by doing this is they are not responsible for employees pensions.

I have no time at all for that cunt O'Leary simply a rude person I abhor rude people....

Default No sympathy here!

If the government decided to give your house to a third party to create a job or two, you would be pretty pissed off. The government can't just go appropriating property just because some person claims they will create a few jobs and MJ0L knew this. He had an ulterior motive.

He has made one or two bad decisions and things did not always go his way but I must take my hat off to him for getting people to pay to queue in advance of another queue. That is absolutely fantastic, a two-tiered queing system and one pays to be in the Tier One queue.

I don't particularly like flying Ryan Air solely due to their permanent sales pitch and there is no way of avoiding it. FFS, telephone cards and raffle tickets.......

Longer term I am sure he will go from strength to strength because he is focussed and does not give a damn what anyone else thinks, not endearing characteristics but very positive for managing a business.
    Unlike Murphys, I am bitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast