Thread: Is this right?

Default Is this right?

Oscar Pistorius a double amputee has been given the all-clear to run against able bodied athletes in the World Championships.

Pistorius uses carbon fibre legs sometimes called ‘Cheetah legs’.

Some people argue these legs give him an unfair advantage he and others disagree.

What do you think?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/14444569.stm
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRambo View Post
    Oscar Pistorius a double amputee has been given the all-clear to run against able bodied athletes in the World Championships.

Pistorius uses carbon fibre legs sometimes called ‘Cheetah legs’.

Some people argue these legs give him an unfair advantage he and others disagree.

What do you think?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/14444569.stm
    I think they should let him run.I seem to remember him having trouble with this issue before.If they let him run they are promoting inspiration to others.

Quote Originally Posted by mrniceguy2011 View Post
    I think they should let him run.I seem to remember him having trouble with this issue before.If they let him run they are promoting inspiration to others.

Yeah but if he does have an advantage because of these hi-tech carbon fiber legs is it right? I don't think it is. Technology could be giving him an unfair advantage over other runners just the same way a runner who uses drugs has.
    "Live for nothing or die for something, your call."

Reviews

Yeah but if he does have an advantage because of these hi-tech carbon fiber legs is it right? I don't think it is. Technology could be giving him an unfair advantage over other runners just the same way a runner who uses drugs has.
    Any idea what his times are like compared to the regular able bodied runners? If he's not going to upset the upper echelon, then it's good PR, but if he is then I'm sure it will be seen as an unfair advantage.
    Retired from punting, yet still here?

Reviews

Good point.If its a unfair advantage then it is not right.But if he is making people happy and inspiring others that can't be a bad thing.