Greetings, oh bespectacled ones. I have come a long way to gain access to your esoteric knowledge of computers and what goes on inside them. Please look with favour on this humble mouse's entreaty, and bestow upon me the wisdom I need to ensure a great weekend's gaming

I'm having a serious problem with my graphics card, an Nvidia 9600GS. When I run next gen games on it, the monitor enters powersave mode after a couple of minutes of gaming. My Intel dual core processor with Vista 64-bit has RAM coming out its arse and all drivers in my machine are up to date, but the problem persists. This is a graphics card problem, not a monitor one. There is some sort of software incompatibility between the card and the monitor running high-spec games - games that are more than say 2 years old run fine with no problems. The Nividia forums are no help.

I'm wondering if my PSU is able to support the card, since in the Wikipedia article on PSUs, it says "...Another popular misconception is that the greater the total watt capacity is, the more suitable the power supply becomes for higher-end graphics cards. The most important factor for judging a PSUs suitability for certain graphics cards is the PSUs total 12V output, as it is that voltage on which modern graphics cards operate. If the total 12V output stated on the PSU is higher than the suggested minimum of the card, then that PSU can fully supply the card..." Now, I have absolutely no idea what this means, but I went through my BIOS and found some numbers which I am hoping you can help me interpret.

My card needs a minimum of 28 amperes of 12V to run.
My PSU is putting out 12.26V.

Is that good or bad?

And does anyone out there have a clue what might be wrong?