Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryanair sticks the boot into families

Default Ryanair sticks the boot into families

As a responsible father I only take the kids on holidays in June, July and August.

I hear that Ryanair is raising their checked baggage fee from €15 to €20 for July and Aug. It will be back to €15 from September.

As a father going on holiday I have to work my balls off to pay for 4 people, and the only time I can take the kids off is those months not only do you have to pay premium rates to travel in those months but now Ryanair is putting on an extra Family tax.

Whereas other single and gay people in my job who have no responsibilities can fuck off during the low seasons and avail of the low prices for travel etc.

Blog Entries

You are right lordjohn, that does seem unfair on families.

typical ryanair... just gotta get everything into less bags I guess

Reviews

if you dont like the deal then fly with someone else

Reviews

Ryanair will eventually go too far with the penny pinching.
    I hate travelling with Ryanair and only use them if I have no other alternative.
    I pay more to travel with another carrier when I can to get better service.
    Ryanair no longer allow elderly people on first (they will if you pay).
    And the last time I went with them they made everyone test their bag to make sure it fitted into the overhead bin. They just wanted that extra money when they made you check it on.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Well the rules are there with Ryan Air they are totally transparent, weigh ure luggage before u leave home, make sure ure there on time,be
    cchecked in online and if u cant stay within the rules fly with someone else and stop bitching. I dont think anyone puts a gun to your head to
    book a Ryan Air flight . People complain about Ryan Air being greedy for their charges but the facts are that people want to fly as cheap as
    posible and take as much luggage as possible so are they not also being greedy. Just stop and think what it would cost to fly if the Ryan Airs
    were not there and u were depending on the Aer linguses of this world who would still be putting up their cabin crew in 5 star hotels with fat
    expense accounts if not for competition. Where did u think the money for that came from exept from the price of ure ticket.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

O'Leary and his band of yeild managers are hungry c**ts, they squeeze the market for every last cent with total disregard for the welfare of their passengers, even when Easyjet tried to set up routes , Ryanair flew people for nothing, just to ensure that Easyjet would have to pull off those routes and thus allow Ryanair to continue their monopoly of bleeding their Irish customers dry.

It makes a mockery of Ryanairs assertions that the € 10 tax on flights into Dublin is prohibitive to tourists coming here and then they go and hike up their own baggage charges during the peak time for travel.
    JUSTICE FOR AMANDA KNOX AND RAFFAELE SOLLECITO----INNOCENTS

Reviews

And yet thousands upon thousands of people fly with them - why is that?

send your stuff on with dhl/tnt etcetera to your hotel destintion- it can work out quite reasonable and you dont have to cart it around.

anyway If i owned an airline i would charge under 18's at treble the price - bloody pests the lot of 'em

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bhoywonder View Post
    if you dont like the deal then fly with someone else
    I think the point being made here is that a guy with a family has little choice but to fly July and August.

And they are the very months that the baggage charge is being put up.

With a smug answer like that I assume you are a single guy with no dependants to transport on a once a year (if lucky these days) sun holiday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast