Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryanair sticks the boot into families

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    O'Leary and his band of yeild managers are hungry c**ts, they squeeze the market for every last cent with total disregard for the welfare of their passengers, even when Easyjet tried to set up routes , Ryanair flew people for nothing, just to ensure that Easyjet would have to pull off those routes and thus allow Ryanair to continue their monopoly of bleeding their Irish customers dry.

It makes a mockery of Ryanairs assertions that the € 10 tax on flights into Dublin is prohibitive to tourists coming here and then they go and hike up their own baggage charges during the peak time for travel.
    Personally over time I think Ryanair will shoot themselves in the foot.

I have personally curtailed my foreign trips via Ryanair the main reason being that its becoming a pain in the arse flying with Ryanair, with their e-boarding card only policy, pissy charges with everything. A 15kg weight restriction compared with 20kg for most other Airlines.

Recently I flew Contential to NYC for 377 return. Which mile for mile is cheaper than anything O'leary has to offer. And the difference wow, Free meals, Free Movies, Free beverages (not beer), and the staff were super as well.

I recently flew with Ryanair and read in their inflight magazine that they intend to start charging people €1/£1 to use the toilet. They stated that this was to encourage passengers to use the facilities in airports to help reduce their operating costs. In my opinion this is going too far.
    On this same flight I was charged for my bag being too big to be classed as hand luggage. I didn't mind paying as it was my own fault but the Ryanair employee didn't have change to give me so it ended up costing me £40 rather than £35. Quite cheeky really.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mymisters View Post
    Ryanair will eventually go too far with the penny pinching.
    I hate travelling with Ryanair and only use them if I have no other alternative.
    I pay more to travel with another carrier when I can to get better service.
    Ryanair no longer allow elderly people on first (they will if you pay).
    And the last time I went with them they made everyone test their bag to make sure it fitted into the overhead bin. They just wanted that extra money when they made you check it on.
    Ryanair have already taken there costcutting measures to far for me,also alot of my friends wont travel with them unless there is no alternative or if there a third the cost of another carrier,there good for business travel on my own BUT if its only abit extra to go with another carrier i will pay the extra.I also didnt like olearys handling of the maintanence jobs,whatever beef he has with the DAA and the government he should not play roulette with people livelyhoods,for the sake of Ireland he should have kept those jobs in Ireland,something people should remember when there booking there next flight.

maybe we only hear the squeaky wheels- the amount of moaning minnies re: ryanair is un-fucking-believable

some folk are only happy when complaining

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    maybe we only hear the squeaky wheels- the amount of moaning minnies re: ryanair is un-fucking-believable

some folk are only happy when complaining

I thought it was a discussion!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    Well the rules are there with Ryan Air they are totally transparent, weigh ure luggage before u leave home, make sure ure there on time,be
    cchecked in online and if u cant stay within the rules fly with someone else and stop bitching. I dont think anyone puts a gun to your head to
    book a Ryan Air flight . People complain about Ryan Air being greedy for their charges but the facts are that people want to fly as cheap as
    posible and take as much luggage as possible so are they not also being greedy. Just stop and think what it would cost to fly if the Ryan Airs
    were not there and u were depending on the Aer linguses of this world who would still be putting up their cabin crew in 5 star hotels with fat
    expense accounts if not for competition. Where did u think the money for that came from exept from the price of ure ticket.
    I agree with a lot of your points, but I don't like the way Ryanair seems to pick on particular social groups and be unfair towards them. It was the same years ago, when they wouldn't take disabled people for various ecconomic reasons. There is no doubt O'Leary is a brilliant businessman and there is a lot of good to be said for Ryanair, but I still don't like all their practices.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Money

Quote Originally Posted by Notatwork View Post
    Ryanair have already taken there costcutting measures to far for me,also alot of my friends wont travel with them unless there is no alternative or if there a third the cost of another carrier,there good for business travel on my own BUT if its only abit extra to go with another carrier i will pay the extra.I also didnt like olearys handling of the maintanence jobs,whatever beef he has with the DAA and the government he should not play roulette with people livelyhoods,for the sake of Ireland he should have kept those jobs in Ireland,something people should remember when there booking there next flight.
    People keep accusing Ryan Air of being greedy but by almost everyones admission they will travel with
    them if they are alot cheaper. Well isnt that the very same being greedy? Its just people keeping their
    money under the guise of "Value for money" and then when the frills arent there they bitch about it.
    As for the hanger situation and jobs Ryan Air already provide 2500 jobs here wheras the company in the
    hanger Aer lingus is shedding them everyday.It didnt show much appreciation of the jobs the company
    were providing here when the then minister for enterprise Mary Coughlan was asked how many jobs
    they provided and she didnt know. The bottom line here this is a private not public service company and if
    u dont like their pricing policy or service go elsewhere, but remember "cash is king" and so far people
    have responded in their millions. This thing about July/Aug happens everywhere book a hotel a holiday
    etc they will be more expensive its just economics supply and demand
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

Never said Ryanair are greedy,as for those jobs its doesnt matter if Ryanair employ 2500 or 25000 jobs if oleary could have kept those jobs in Ireland he should have done so.We all know the government are useless,especially Mary Coughlan she is just completely incompetent,i really felt for those employees of Dell in Limerick when she set off to see Michael Dell in Texas,i would say he had her in and out in less than 5 minutes,but who put her there........Cowen.

Reviews

People moan about Ryanair all the time but still book their flights en masse.
    People moan about Fianna Fail all the time but still vote them in.
    People moan about <insert here> but still <insert opposite here>.
    People are morons.

I shall become a misanthrope mouse.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    I think the point being made here is that a guy with a family has little choice but to fly July and August.

isn't it common enough for hotels, airlines and travel agents to bump up their prices for these months? why should this extra fee be any different. aer lingus are probably kicking themselves that they didnt think of it first

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast