Thread: Launch of the USS Discovery

Reviews

Default Launch of the USS Discovery

This is the launch of NASA's STS-131 mission - this time up it's the Discovery.

Only 3 more missions to go before NASA grounds the space shuttles - Atlantis, Endeavour, and then Discovery again this September for the final blast-off. Hard to believe they've been in service since their first test flights in 1981 - of the six shuttles, we lost Columbia and Challenger, and Enterprise never went into space, being the test vehicle up until the 80s. Let's hope that the Constellation programme can advance Humanity on its next step into the stars!

Also, watch this vid of a launch seen from a commercial aircraft. Try to ignore the "holy smokes" and "it's sooo coooool"

Last edited by Mousey; 05-04-10 at 23:10.

Hoooooly Smoke - Did you see that Man ? - Look how fast it was going! Hoooooly Shit - That was sooooooo cool - That is soooooooo cool !!!!!

(Pity it didnt crash into that twat!) Dont you just love people that make statements of the motherfucking obvious?

Think I'll log into youtube and berate and chastise him.....................

OMG!!! that was like..... soooo coool!!!!!... like just the coolest thing evvvvvvverrrrr!!!! awwwwwesome!!!! Hell yeah.... that's what I'm talkin about...

I think he says the same thing to the Misses in the bedroom though...

Can you see it?

See how fast its going up?

Look how fast its moving?

Ohhh my gawd....

Holy s**t...

its awesome

[Wife]

Yes it is honey but shut the f**k up!!!

Reviews

That tub of shit was a death trap
    It flew about 200 times and twice it blew up thats a death rate of 1%.
    They have to pay the Russians 51 million a head to take them up to Space once the shuttle is phased out
    and before the new USA rocket comes on-line when ever that is if ever.
    the russia rocket is way saver as far as I know.

Reviews

Footage of yesterday's six-and-a-half hour spacewalk two hundred miles above the Atlantic. For fuck's sake don't look down!!!!