Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lisbon Treaty Part 12

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    My friend i see you have been listening to the propganda machine of Fianna FAIL for too long.

Great they paid for roads in the beginning when Ireland did'nt have an arse in her trousers.

But........ For the last 15 years or so Ireland has been a nett contributor to the EU.
    That basically means that we have been paying in more to Brussels that we have been taken out.

Plus we hav'nt a chance at getting any money like we were used to in the early days as countries like Romania and Bulgaria have their begging bowls out.

Shhhhhh Smarty - your gonna blow the plan- Get poor again so that we can become a net receiver like in the good/bad old days.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    My friend i see you have been listening to the propganda machine of Fianna FAIL for too long.

Great they paid for roads in the beginning when Ireland did'nt have an arse in her trousers.

But........ For the last 15 years or so Ireland has been a nett contributor to the EU.
    That basically means that we have been paying in more to Brussels that we have been taken out.

Plus we hav'nt a chance at getting any money like we were used to in the early days as countries like Romania and Bulgaria have their begging bowls out.
    We were Romania or Bulgaria back in 1973 and we did a fine job with the begging bowl for the best part of three decades. If Germany, France and the Benelux countries had'nt been prepared to make net transfers to Ireland, we would'nt have the infrastructure that we have today. It was always obvious that as our GNP or GDP rose to above the EU average that we were going to start to be net contributors. At least in the EU, the richer are expected to contribute to the poorer, whereas here, Joe Soap is expected to allow himself to be screwed to bail out wealthy reckless gombeens.

The fact is, if this country had been run from Brussels for the past 15 years, we would'nt be in the mess we are in today. Fianna Fail are nothing more than a bunch of opportunistic parish pump priming self serving gombeens. Where their predecessors failed to destroy the fledgling Free State back in 1922-23 by force of arms, the current crop have succeeded in bankrupting the Republic through sheer ineptitude, incompetence and corruption. It parallels the classical story of the rise and fall of a business dynasty..........the first generation creates the business, the second consolidates it, and the third blows it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123