Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Education

cavanman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BootSlick55 View Post
    So, with the recent furore in the press over supposed grade inflation in 3rd level (it was reported that out of 1,000+ CVs sent to Dell, not one was error-free)... is the Irish education system failing badly? And, will this impact on the recovery potential of the Irish economy?
    You know I wouldn't be too concerned about what Dell say I was not aware they were hiring in the Irish market so where did the 1000 cvs come from. I have spent almost 2 months dealing with dell trying to get a new pc issue resolved and found them to be unbelievable and complete sh***.

I see a difference between education and understanding punctuation or grammer, some are gifted in the are of langauge and others have different gifts.

Many well educated and intelligent people I know have so called learning difficulties and dyslexia so writing and filling out forms prove difficult and also quite often these people perform poorly in exams. They are judged on a perticular days results and fail but it this in no way means they are not well educated.

If I was hiring someone I would not allow exam results or grammer to interfere with my decision to employ.
    Last edited by cavanman; 31-03-10 at 16:36. Reason: Spelling and grammer

Reviews

You what? I don't have any other usernames here, Reg.

Default not an exact science

I have quiet a bit of experience re: cv's

the standard can be dreadfully poor re errors but..............I have found that they do not generally mean that the potential employee is a dope.

Well presented perfectly formed cv's come from useless lazy bastards too.

Some people let their CV do the talking (unwise) others rely on their productivity- style v substance perhaps ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    I have quiet a bit of experience re: cv's
    You're someone's secretary, aren't you Horan?

Get us a cup of tea and a packet of smokey bacon crisps, you snivelling little toad

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Bad grammar and punctuation really pisses me off. But I am a polite chap, so I hold back. Oh God, how I hold back.

Some people hate to see a sentence beginning with the word But.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    Some people hate to see a sentence beginning with the word But.
    What people?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    What people?
    I circled them for you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArabsWithBadEyes..jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	21253

Blog Entries
    Reviews

These days it seems to be more important to reply quickly and forget spelling and grammar.
    I have seen business emails that are no more than glorified texts.
    The birch should be re-introduced, not just in schools, but in the workplace.

Engaging Personality
    Mesmerising Eyes
    Magnificent Ass
    Adorable Lady
    Sexy, Wicked, Enticing, Erotic, Tease

Reviews

Default New world order

The dumping down of the educational establishments, media and society
    are a direct result of the liberlism which has been introduced by succesive "western Elites" since
    the 1960s anti-family counter-culture revolution. This is not an accident. Its all part of
    a great master plan called the New World order (NWO).
    I cannot go into further details about the end-game of the NWO at present.
    I cannot name the people behind the NWO at present.
    Stay tuned to this frequnecy.
    Stay Alert and stock up on firearms and supplies.
    Trust no-one.

Having a college edurcation isn't necessary to post on a forum in proper english....

Most people who use bad grammar, ESPECIALLY punctuation, know what they're saying isn't 100% correct... both in real life and online. Sometimes something just sounds better another way.

Like how Rihanna say "is you big enough" in her latest song, if you asked someone who talks like that how it "should" be they know how it should be really, they just speak how it's in their culture to speak. It's just their way of speaking. In Eastenders they do it a lot. My dad says "me" instead of "my" for something belonging to him.... he knows it should be "my".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast