Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horans No Prize for the Winner - Champions League Prediction Competition

Default Horans No Prize for the Winner - Champions League Prediction Competition

Pick one match only - predict a result - ie home /away or draw based on the first leg. If you get it right you qualify for the next set of matches- if you get it wrong you are out of the competition- One life only.

lyon v bordeaux
    bayern v man u
    arsenal v barca
    inter v cska
    Last edited by Alec Horan; 28-03-10 at 20:50.

Default alecs tip

lyon v bordeaux
    bayern v man u
    arsenal v barca
    inter v cska Inter - Home Win

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    Pick one match only - predict a result - ie home /away or draw based on the first leg.
    What language is this, I can understand that as much as I can when this guy talks:

First leg of what, home or away where. my home??

pick one of the four matches i gave ye and try to predict the result - eg i picked the inter match - if i get it right i continue on in the comp - if i dont i get knocked out automatically-

this is based on the result in the first leg only over 90 minutes - not the reult of the overall tie- savvy ?

last one left wins the competition - kinda like when we were kids - ever play ???- about 814 kids on a pitch trying to score a goal to advance to the next round kinda thing

Reviews

pick one of the four matches i gave ye and try to predict the result - eg i picked the inter match - if i get it right i continue on in the comp - if i dont i get knocked out automatically-

this is based on the result in the first leg only over 90 minutes - not the reult of the overall tie- savvy ?

last one left wins the competition - kinda like when we were kids - ever play ???- about 814 kids on a pitch trying to score a goal to advance to the next round kinda thing
    Most people when asked to describe in detail how to make a cup of tea forget to explain how to put the water into the kettle because they assume everyone knows that, well that's me and football, I still have no idea what a leg is but I'm gonna go blind here and say:

arsenal v barca, barca wins home

Now I'm assuming they play 2 matches?? one in each of their stadiums, so did I say that right, barca beats arsenal in Barca (Barcelona??)

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Most people when asked to describe in detail how to make a cup of tea forget to explain how to put the water into the kettle because they assume everyone knows that, well that's me and football, I still have no idea what a leg is but I'm gonna go blind here and say:

arsenal v barca, barca wins home

Now I'm assuming they play 2 matches?? one in each of their stadiums, so did I say that right, barca beats arsenal in Barca (Barcelona??)
    No- we are talking about this weeks matches only - first leg only

as stated earlier
    this is based on the result in the first leg only over 90 minutes - not the reult of the overall tie-

ps i was exploding kettles for 10 years until the penny dropped.

actually since im the boss of this i can make up the rules as i go along - and for frustrating the crap outta me i will give you a free go in the first round and automatically advance you to the second round regardless of the result ----- just leave me alone for a while.............

Reviews

No- we are talking about this weeks matches only - first leg only

as stated earlier
    this is based on the result in the first leg only over 90 minutes - not the reult of the overall tie-

ps i was exploding kettles for 10 years until the penny dropped.
    OK, sorry when it comes to football I haven't a clue, the lingo eludes me, I thought I might try and get in on it but I would just be an annoyance.
    PS it's the bit in bold I don't understand, whats a first leg, is it the first half of the 2 games they will play? If thats the case would this be correct:

arsenal v barca Barca-away win

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    OK, sorry when it comes to football I haven't a clue, the lingo eludes me, I thought I might try and get in on it but I would just be an annoyance.
    PS it's the bit in bold I don't understand, whats a first leg, is it the first half of the 2 games they will play? If thats the case would this be correct:

arsenal v barca Barca-away win
    by jove he got it - thats fine anon - stay in it - beginners luck and all that-

and thanks for tipping my team to lose at home !!!!!!!!!!!

Reviews

actually since im the boss of this i can make up the rules as i go along - and for frustrating the crap outta me i will give you a free go in the first round and automatically advance you to the second round regardless of the result ----- just leave me alone for a while.............
    Took me so long to figure your last post out, while I was replying you snuck this post in so I will hold you to it. :P

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast