Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sunday indo

Reviews

I threated myself to a little toy a few years back, I got it in the UK and as I only had it a short time and drove it the on the odd occasion I hadn't got round to nor did I see any great urgency registering it and paying the VRT.
    Anyway I hadn't taken it out of the garage for 2 months, the weather was good so I took it out for a spin. Headed to Dublin and I got stopped at a check point, because I had it insured he was able see that I had the vehicle 3 months, needless to say he seized the car, when the tow truck arrived and took the car, the garda left me there saying there is a payphone in the petrol station about a 3 mile up the road if I don't have a phone on me to call someone and off he went.
    Got a €1500 fine plus I had to pay the VRT which was backdated to when it first entered the country. I'm not complaining about him taking the car, I was in the wrong but don't leave a guy stranded in the arsehole of nowhere, right wanker he was, another typical example of power resting on small shoulders within the Gardai!!

The Guards were dead right. This country is full of gombeens and shysters who will try every trick in the book to avoid paying tax. Typical kind of sob story that you would expect from the Sunday Independent and typical attitude of people in this country when they are caught in the wrong: play the victim and blame the guards for enforcing the law. She won't drive again without paying her tax first.
    If she was that badly stuck for a lift they should have brought on the Paddywagon and fucked her into the back of it.

lets hope some day the guard in questions mother sister aunt granny or daughter some day finds themselves in a nasty situation karma i think its called

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
    The Guards were dead right. This country is full of gombeens and shysters who will try every trick in the book to avoid paying tax. Typical kind of sob story that you would expect from the Sunday Independent and typical attitude of people in this country when they are caught in the wrong: play the victim and blame the guards for enforcing the law. She won't drive again without paying her tax first.
    If she was that badly stuck for a lift they should have brought on the Paddywagon and fucked her into the back of it.
    She has admitted that she was wrong and deserves the car to seized, the point is that the Guards left her on the side of the countries busiest road where there is no foot path, and left her in danger. they should have brought her to a safe area such as a petrol station or hotel and let her make her own way from there...
    Her problem is with their attitude, not the enforcement of the law.

Blog Entries

Default I don't know why she paid the fine..........

As I stood and watched my car disappear, the thought struck me I might never see it again -- had I just been conned out of a perfectly good Mini Cooper?

Because a garda would identify himself, a garda would tell me where my car was being taken to and a garda would issue me with a receipt for me to produce on reclaiming it. But despite repeated requests, none of these were done for me.
    If this is true she should have taken it to court. It would almost certainly have been struck out............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12