Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti Spyware

Reviews

Default Re: Anti Spyware

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoBart

For me its not about the price, i find almost all anti-virus and anti-spyware very "heavy" on my internet connection. The one that does the less "damage" in my case is avg. I use it combined with ad-aware and things have been running smoothly.
    You must be using dial-up on a PC with an IBM 486 proccesor if u find kaspersky slowing your connection down!! :-) Norton is notorious for that problem..

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    You must be using dial-up on a PC with an IBM 486 proccesor if u find kaspersky slowing your connection down!! :-) Norton is notorious for that problem..
    I´m using a 3 mob conection with up to 3.6 mb data transfer, in a Pentium dual core at 2.0 gh. My problem is when i use a peer to peer program called utorrent. It either cramps down my system or as no download speed whatsohever depending on the antivirus i use. I tried Maccafee, Norton, Panda and Kas before changing to avg.
    Latino in Ireland....in pain.....

Reviews

Ok heres's where the confusion starts with these Data modems, most rate there speed in Mbp/s I.E 7.2 Mbp/s. Now most people would assume that's in megabytes but in actual fact you are being fooled because that is the abbreviation for megabits and there are depending on their network architecture 4 or 8 megabits to every magabyte so your speed on a data modem has a maximum speed of either 1 or 2 magabytes, connecting over a mobile phone network with full bars and every bar below full dramatically slows your speed down. So your problem isn't your antivirus..

BTW Megabytes = MBp/s Megabits = Mbp/s and 1MBp/s = either 4 or 8Mbp/s

Reviews

You can also add your P2P program to your antivirus safe programs list. That way it will not infringe on your download as much and when you go to access the file or unzip it is when it will be checked and not untill then which is fine because a good (Not AVG) will still contain the virus safely..

PS. Stop using P2P, move onto newsgroups, much safer, faster and encrypted so your downloading habits cannot be analysed by your service provider if they ever decide to look into you.. Several options, I use Giganews..
    Last edited by anon361; 11-03-10 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Please, dont even go there with the free argument, Kaspersky costs about €35 a year if you buy 2 years and it gives you proper all round protection so it's not like your saving a fortune by installing a free but by far an inferior product, one of course that doesn't do the job by itself that it needs to be propted up by more inferior free products like spybot, which might I add is open source so if you download it from the wrong site it comes pre-loaded with it's own adware and spyware..
    Geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12