No , its not a typo.

Firstly may I say that what I am about to complain about does not happen to me commonly but today was different and did irk me quite a bit.

I was out for a walk on my own and on a few seperate occassions was met with two people walking opposite. Now, I believe that it is polite and civil to make room on a sidewalk i.e. form a single file should there not be enough room for people to pass easily. I always do this and if in company ask my companion to make room if I have not already done it myself.

But today on four seperate occassions I was somewhat miffed by the lack of reciprocal behaviour from other pedestrians and was almost forced onto a busy road to avoid said walkers. Obviously I could not do this as it was dangerous but I was more than a little disgusted by such an obvious lack of some people to adopt a civil position.

May I add that this was not in the city centre but was out in suburbia in the early evening and most of these people were out for a leisurely stroll themselves, so no excuses about being in a hurry home or to or from work.

So, may I appeal to all to adopt or adapt to said civil behaviour.