Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 week ban for being a Hooker !

Default 6 week ban for being a Hooker !

Yaaaarrrr , me thinks a 6 wk ban for Mr. (IQ of a turnip, "lights on nobody in") Flannery is a tad
    harsh fer mistakin a "les Bleu" for the ball and humping Monsieur Palisson skyward.
    How will Ireland fare without him, -- any great loss ?

Reviews

One player shouldn't make a difference. If were a great side like that's been said over the last 12 the loss of one player shouldn't matter. In football Man Utd and Chelsea have lost key players over the years but they nearly always cope without them as there are others to fill in.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Flannery shuda got 6 months for a tackle like that the tramp....

Blog Entries

Default Lucky not to be sent off at the time.......

But I think it was a little harsh...........

Certainly looked bad but I don't think the intention was there..........

I think he was expecting to be hoofing the ball, not the player............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

5. Default

Hmm, I feel that it was a dangerous kick/trip. Not sure about intent. 6 weeks seems to me to be about right.

On the question of will he be missed? Actually think that Best is better in some facets of the game than Flannery, so I think all in all - no. Also agree with others, good teams don't miss one (tow or even three) players.

Casualt
    PS. Think the original message subject was spot on - most hookers (of the rugby variety) need to be banned for 6 weeks every year, just for being hookers...

Suggest you call Jerry a tramp to his face and see how you get on big boy.

Reviews

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by capt.pugwash View Post
    Yaaaarrrr , me thinks a 6 wk ban for Mr. (IQ of a turnip, "lights on nobody in") Flannery is a tad
    harsh fer mistakin a "les Bleu" for the ball and humping Monsieur Palisson skyward.
    How will Ireland fare without him, -- any great loss ?
    I think he deserved it,he practically tried to drop goal your man!Stevie wonder wouldnt have missed timed as bad as that!

He deserved six weeks, it was a stupid thing to do at a crucial period in the game and he was clearly too wound up at the time. He hadn't a hope of getting the ball and in my view knew exactly what he was up to. The penalty decision was reversed and before we knew it, France had run in two tries and it was game over.
    I support our rugby team, but what really gets my goat is the unbalanced media coverage of incidents like this vis-a-vis GAA, which is my No.1 sport. If there is a sending off or similar incident in a GAA game it's all over the media, condemned left, right and centre by columnists, while the phone and text lines to Matt Cooper, Joe Duffy and others are hopping. I'm amazed at the meek reaction by commentators to the Flannery incident and others like it. On Against the Head last Monday night Gerry Thornley didn't see fit to take Flannery to task for his actions.

Reviews

The incident looked worse in slow motion.....so it's really a question of whether Flannery's action was late, careless, dangerous or intentional. I imagine that he probably will be missed at line out time, as he is a much better line thrower than Best.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 17-02-10 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
    He deserved six weeks, it was a stupid thing to do at a crucial period in the game and he was clearly too wound up at the time. He hadn't a hope of getting the ball and in my view knew exactly what he was up to. The penalty decision was reversed and before we knew it, France had run in two tries and it was game over.
    I support our rugby team, but what really gets my goat is the unbalanced media coverage of incidents like this vis-a-vis GAA, which is my No.1 sport. If there is a sending off or similar incident in a GAA game it's all over the media, condemned left, right and centre by columnists, while the phone and text lines to Matt Cooper, Joe Duffy and others are hopping. I'm amazed at the meek reaction by commentators to the Flannery incident and others like it. On Against the Head last Monday night Gerry Thornley didn't see fit to take Flannery to task for his actions.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgghhhhhhhhhh!!!! GAA is not a sport - Gaelic Football is one sport and Hurling is another totally different sport. So which is it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast