Thread: The Petition

Reviews

Angry The Petition

The Petition….. I have read it and I agree with its purpose but I honestly think it is futile. But that’s my opinion, and in fairness The Petition is well thought out and it IS out there for a purpose. I have on occasion signed clipboards offered by activists in the past but only if I agreed with their struggle. I have often wondered what use these sheets of Joe Soap signatures really achieve. I can only expect that some Politician may use such an exercise as leverage in a law making forum. I was shocked at the initial Petition results – 10 of us guys have taken the trouble to vote. We should help even if we think it is silly. It would seem that to support this Petition can be done totally anonymously. So I’m going to do it now. But how do I do it… I need some help here..

Reviews

Can EI not furnish them with figures on traffic thru the website etc

Blog Entries

Default No point..........

Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    Can EI not furnish them with figures on traffic thru the website etc
    You'd be told that the traffic amount could also contain people who didn't agree with it...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

everybody should sign up anonymity is cleared up so do it or remain a lazy bastard...

Reviews

There its done. It took me all of about 2 minutes. Thanks Dolly for the link.

Reviews

A lot of work has gone into the planning of this petition, but unfortunately, I feel it is all in vain. The sex trade in Ireland is thriving and very rampant, BUT, between all the do gooders, the clergy and a large proportion of old schoolers, I feel it is doomed from the onset. I totally agree with the petition and there is nobody more than me that would like to see it a success, I could relax a bit more when snuggled up between three ladies, in the knowledge of knowing that there wouldn't be a raid.
    But in my own circle, I observe the amount of friends and family members that are bitterly opposed to the sex trade with a vengeance, if the day comes when I am found out, it must happen sometime, I would be fucked out without mercy and no forgiveness, I know that for a fact, there are some things that you just know. As much as this country has a thriving sex trade and some of the scumbags out there wantonly kicking the crap out of innocent people on there way home from various venues, two lads were beaten within an inch of their lives last Friday evening, just walking home when they were set upon by a gang, anyhow back to the point. As I say , there is a large contingent of people that reside here that are totally and utterly opposed to prostitution and it would be over their dead bodies that this would be a success. The younger generation I'd imagine would be more tolerant of what's being discussed here, but there is a large pecentage of the population remaining that would fight tooth and nail against this issue, I apologise if I sound negative, but that's my interpretation of the situation.
    Having said that, I am goint to sign it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	16398  
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    A lot of work has gone into the planning of this petition, but unfortunately, I feel it is all in vain. The sex trade in Ireland is thriving and very rampant, BUT, between all the do gooders, the clergy and a large proportion of old schoolers, I feel it is doomed from the onset. I totally agree with the petition and there is nobody more than me that would like to see it a success, I could relax a bit more when snuggled up between three ladies, in the knowledge of knowing that there wouldn't be a raid.
    But in my own circle, I observe the amount of friends and family members that are bitterly opposed to the sex trade with a vengeance, if the day comes when I am found out, it must happen sometime, I would be fucked out without mercy and no forgiveness, I know that for a fact, there are some things that you just know. As much as this country has a thriving sex trade and some of the scumbags out there wantonly kicking the crap out of innocent people on there way home from various venues, two lads were beaten within an inch of their lives last Friday evening, just walking home when they were set upon by a gang, anyhow back to the point. As I say , there is a large contingent of people that reside here that are totally and utterly opposed to prostitution and it would be over their dead bodies that this would be a success. The younger generation I'd imagine would be more tolerant of what's being discussed here, but there is a large pecentage of the population remaining that would fight tooth and nail against this issue, I apologise if I sound negative, but that's my interpretation of the situation.
    Having said that, I am goint to sign it.

I tend to agree, but you never know about the Irish government... they might take it seriously.

Is Padre Pio taken yet?

[IMGhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Padre_Pio.jpg/200px-Padre_Pio.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 16-02-10 at 03:45.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    I tend to agree, but you never know about the Irish government... they might take it seriously.

Is Padre Pio taken yet?

[IMGhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Padre_Pio.jpg/200px-Padre_Pio.jpg[/IMG]
    I am reliably informed that His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI yesterday instructed all the Irish bishops to sign the petition......it seems that the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church wants to connect with the young by appearing hip and in tune with modern Ireland and also to be seen to be valuing the role of women in the Christian community more. The bishops and priests of the church are no longer to cast stones or to turn these unfortunate sinners away, rather they are to take these children of the Almighty to the church's bosom and to go to their bosoms too, and show them the respect which these devout Sisters of Mary Magdalene deserve.

Personally I'm skeptical and think it's all an exercise in damage limitation. If people are scandalised by the clergy consorting with these ladies, then the focus will be diverted from what they got up to with children.

The Holy Father was quoted by E-I's Rome correspondent as telling the Irish bishops " these ladies have brought comfort to the clergy, both here in Rome and throughout Christendom for centuries. It is the duty of every Christian to ensure that these sisters are not condemned to the life of a hermit. When you my brothers in Jesus Christ cannot be with them to lend them your support and comfort, then it is God's will that the sisters should live in community so that they can better love and serve the Lord through their joint acts of ecstatic worship." The Holy Father then pronounced the apostolic blessing upon Patricia and the E-I petition.

PAX VOBISCUM.

P.S. Dermot Ahern............if you're reading this, don't shoot the poor messenger for blasphemy........Luther told me that this was the Gospel truth.

Blog Entries

Default It's true...................it's all true..........

Of course Pope Benny and I don't get along so well these days.............

Had a bit of a tiff around the 16th century.................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L