Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romanians freed

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    2 Romanian women collect 55,000 here from Social Welfare between 2004 & 2008 until they are found to be working as well under false names go to court judge expressed 'admiration' that they pleaded guilty so suspended their 5 year sentence great country isn't it ? we allow these people to litter our streets begging hassle people in the restaurants/streets for money pickpocket people piss off drivers at traffic lights whats the point in having these people here I don't get it

True when you consider our own people dont hassle people begging or pickpocket people .
    Another thing most social welfare fraud cases end in a suspended sentence so them being romanian had nothing to do with it

Reviews

How much do you think we defrauded the English government for in years gone by, I don't think anyone above the age of 30 could say they didn't know or hear of someone that was scamming the dole in the UK (Mayabe i mixed with the wrong people )
    Yes it's a joke Exp that any person that is convicted for this gets such a lenient sentence but I don't buy into the "Bloody foreigners" mentality which you are implying here.

Blog Entries

Default EP's just in a bad mood.......

Cause Romanians never flash their knickers............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    You are one dumb fuck XP. Just looking for a reason to have a go at foreigners. Would you have posted were they Irish fraudsters.

Do you post when foreign workers are exploited by their bosses ?

Whats all this shit about littering ? Did it not exist until foreigners arrived on this fair isle.

You Twat.

2 women 5 years 55,000 = 27500 each = approx 5,500 a year stolen.

If they were bankers they would have got away with it.
    Now if only the judicial system would get after that that cunt Bertie Ahern..................
    well just for the record Horan there is no dumber fuck than yourself a fact that is well known here & indeed on the orange website sure we have enough of our own scammers pickpockets etc but let us deal with them what on earth do we want all this same hassle from a certain foreign country & their people My taxes & all who pay tax go towards paying social welfare to people let it go to the people who are entitled to it this mentality here about 'ah your downing foreigners' is weak this is setting a dangerous precedent tell u this if people who say that were directly affected by this scamming pickpocketing like I have been then u would have a different attitude.....

Reviews

2 Romanian women collect 55,000 here from Social Welfare between 2004 & 2008 until they are found to be working as well under false names go to court judge expressed 'admiration' that they pleaded guilty so suspended their 5 year sentence great country isn't it ? we allow these people to litter our streets begging hassle people in the restaurants/streets for money pickpocket people piss off drivers at traffic lights whats the point in having these people here I don't get it
    I have'nt managed to find a link for the above story, but from what you wrote, the two Romanians were found guilty of defrauding the Social Welfare whilst working at the same time. Working is different to what the Roma and Sinti gypsies do......which is the begging and hassling people bit. It should not be assumed that they were gypsies, as these people are a minority of Romanians.

The Irish Star you said.............even if I did find that link, I'm not sure if I would believe anything published in a "paper" of that caliber.

P.S. If you do a study of this type of reporting i.e. crime matters, you will notice that nationality is only reported when the person is non-Irish. In the case of an Irish person, they will generally state what town or county the are originally from or where they are living. Or in the case of the really sensationalist journos, they'll just write something like "an African man"......no country required, but what they are referring to is skin colour in such cases. Newspapers' legal teams know quite well what they can and can't get away with publishing, so euphemisms are a handy way to get around this.

Blog Entries

Default I read the article in the Star but can't find a link......

There was a small bit about it in the Times...........Second story down..............

In Short - The Irish Times - Wed, Feb 10, 2010
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

well just for the record Horan there is no dumber fuck than yourself a fact that is well known here & indeed on the orange website sure we have enough of our own scammers pickpockets etc but let us deal with them what on earth do we want all this same hassle from a certain foreign country & their people My taxes & all who pay tax go towards paying social welfare to people let it go to the people who are entitled to it this mentality here about 'ah your downing foreigners' is weak this is setting a dangerous precedent tell u this if people who say that were directly affected by this scamming pickpocketing like I have been then u would have a different attitude.....
    An incoherent rant and no full stops ?

XP, I believe that you are a racist first and foremost. Your concern for law and order merely a smokescreen.

Reviews

Default The Race Card

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    An incoherent rant and no full stops ?

XP, I believe that you are a racist first and foremost. Your concern for law and order merely a smokescreen.
    Well played Alec

Reviews

Wink

Hhmmm

"crime is crime is crime"
    My "thoughts" on the subject of prison sentences issue raised by thread.

The state's response or lack of it to white collar crime and govt corruption is another
    issue that should be discussed in another thread

Regarding Social welfare fraud and street crime in general.
    The problem I see is there is no detterent as judges seem to give out mickey mouse fines
    or very short or suspeneded senteneces I see this everyday in courts pages of
    newspapers. The reason fines are so low is that if you set them too high they cannot or will not
    pay in which case you then have to apply a prison sentence normally.
    The reason prison sentnece are being suspended or are very short in many cases
    is the following
    1risons are full and overcrowded
    2:I read somewhere (correct me if I am wrong) it costs the state 100,000
    to keep a prisoner in prison per year.

The puropse of punishment is to
    1:deter future crime
    2:seek a redress for victims
    3:to rehabliate the crinmal

The current sentences are not working therefore new types of
    punishments need to be devised.
    For example In the specific case at hand. The Two ladies should be
    harvested for their organs. The price of the organs would recoup the some
    of the money the victim in this case the taxpayer lost and social welfare fraud would stop
    overnight. Q.E.D.

Of course this raises another question
    Is it moral to harvest a Womens organs for commiting social welfare fraud?
    Perhaps we need a new refredum on this one.

We need to start to thinking outside the box here people.
    Get with the program and come on in for the big win.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteknight111 View Post
    Well played Alec

It comes as no surprise that you would be particularly touchy about your achilles heel.

We all know your form.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast