Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George Lee

Reviews

Default George Lee

From RTE.ie

Former RTÉ economics editor George Lee has announced that he has resigned from the Dáíl and from the Fine Gael party.

After joining the party last year, Mr Lee was elected to the Dáil in a by-election in Dublin South.

In a statement, Mr Lee said his resignation had been 'a very difficult decision', which he had taken after a great deal of reflection on his position.

'Despite my best efforts I have had virtually no influence or input into shaping Fine Gael's economic policies at this most critical time,' he said.

Mr Lee described his role within Fine Gael as 'very limited' and 'personally unfulfilling'.

'After nine months of trying within the political system it is now my considered view that the role available to me within Fine Gael is not a role I am happy to play,' he said.

Kenny signal 'came too late'

Mr Lee told RTE radio he had had conversations with the Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny over the last week. He said that Mr Kenny had indicated that a role could be provided for him, but Mr Lee said it would have come too late, because he had already made up his mind to resign.

He denied his decision to quit after nine months was impatience, saying it was a realistic decision. Mr Lee said he was 'very disappointed' for the people who voted for him in Dublin South.

He said he did not need to be on the Fine Gael front bench, but the party did not even ask him his opinion on economic matters.

On his future, he said he did not know 100% what he would do now, but he would probably return to RTE.

Well done Enda and the rest of the FG leadership
    Another case of shooting yourself in the foot
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

Well thats that.
    Last one to leave the Free State turn off the lights

Reviews

Strange decision alrite but I can only think Lee being such an intelligent guy thinks there is something better for him coming up job wise the wrong decision though IMHO It does though open a can of worms as far as Enda Kennys leadership of FG goes hes a gonner Lee said on RTE News there had been 'murmurings' within FG in Leinster House r/e Kennys position mmm...

Blog Entries

Default Rome wasn't built in a day George.......

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    'Despite my best efforts I have had virtually no influence or input into shaping Fine Gael's economic policies at this most critical time,' he said.
    Sounds like he threw he toys out of his pram because he thought nobody was listening to him..........

I think he should have given the people who voted for him a better go..........

I have good time for him but was he finding being a hurler in the ditch a bit easier???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

My wife was admiring him for standing by his principles, I feel that he wasn't getting enough limelight on which he thrives on. Looks like another seat going begging to Fianna Fail.

Fuck you anyway!
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Looks like hes off to washington to replace charlie bird.

He saw the writing on the wall for this country i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by tommyc View Post
    Looks like hes off to washington to replace charlie bird.

He saw the writing on the wall for this country i suppose
    He said on radio earlier that that wasn't his scene at all. He only has interest in economics, according to himself. He seemed very sure though that he would be back in RTE, no problem. Strong hints, IMO, of an egomaniac.

When asked if he thought Enda Kenny was the best man to lead the country he said he had no opinion one way or the other - something like " I cannot have any opinion on matters like this as I expect to be back working in R.T.E."

Blog Entries

Default He is right

Quote Originally Posted by westcorklad View Post
    From RTE.ie

Former RTÉ economics editor George Lee has announced that he has resigned from the Dáíl and from the Fine Gael party.

After joining the party last year, Mr Lee was elected to the Dáil in a by-election in Dublin South.

In a statement, Mr Lee said his resignation had been 'a very difficult decision', which he had taken after a great deal of reflection on his position.

Mr Lee described his role within Fine Gael as 'very limited' and 'personally unfulfilling'.

'After nine months of trying within the political system it is now my considered view that the role available to me within Fine Gael is not a role I am happy to play,' he said.

Kenny signal 'came too late'

Mr Lee told RTE radio he had had conversations with the Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny over the last week. He said that Mr Kenny had indicated that a role could be provided for him, but Mr Lee said it would have come too late, because he had already made up his mind to resign.

He denied his decision to quit after nine months was impatience, saying it was a realistic decision. Mr Lee said he was 'very disappointed' for the people who voted for him in Dublin South.

He said he did not need to be on the Fine Gael front bench, but the party did not even ask him his opinion on economic matters.

On his future, he said he did not know 100% what he would do now, but he would probably return to RTE.

Well done Enda and the rest of the FG leadership
    Another case of shooting yourself in the foot
    Fine Gael are a disaster of a party as are Labour. Any half decent party would have put rings around FF and the Greens. Enda Kenny is the biggest waste of fresh air that i have ever seen. He hasnt a clue and has even less of a clue as time goes on. Everything he does he makes a balls of . If its not his timing ,its something else.

I would like to see George Lee with FF replacing Lenehan as Minister for Finance but either way i couldnt give a shit because all of them are corrupt from top to bottom and after Lisbon i will never vote again. I will rip up my vote.

never again,
    Westside.

Reviews

Whos going pay for the f****** by-election MR Georgeee "me me me " Lee
    What a f******* r*****

I said before and I say it again Liberal Democray does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteknight111 View Post
    Whos going pay for the f****** by-election

Heres a strange one now , there might not be a by election.

There is 2 and 1/2 years left in the current dail term . The by election in dublin was held a year after seamus brennans death, so its quite possible they might let it run till the next election.

Its will be up to Fine Gael to call the election , even though there is no time limit to call one in irish constitution. Also we are still waiting for one in donegal 10 months after Pat Gallagher was elected to the eu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast