• Allow to fade away

5 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Irish Language- An Gaeilge

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Dún do pholl! - Shut your hole!

Brú suas do thóin é! - Stick it up yer arse!

Bhuail mé craiceann do mháithair! - I fucked yo momma!

Jaysus Mousey, the Christian Brothers gave you some education.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 05-02-10 at 18:42.

Blog Entries

Default Actually I think you've missed my point........

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I think you've missed my point.
    Why would you not be proud of the Irish language???

Fair play to you, you can speak a few languages and that's something to be proud if in itself, but, were you born and do you live in the country of origin of these other langauges that you can speak???

I don't see what all the fuss is about here, It's our national language, it's part of our culture, our heritage, of who we are. Yes perhaps it was forced on some people during their education, but it's hardly being forced upon us all that much now is it???

Pretty easy to ignore if you want to........

It's something that differentiates us from the rest of the world............
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post

Fair play to you, you can speak a few languages and that's something to be proud if in itself, but, were you born and do you live in the country of origin of these other langauges that you can speak???

I don't see what all the fuss is about here, It's our national language, it's part of our culture, our heritage, of who we are. Yes perhaps it was forced on some people during their education, but it's hardly being forced upon us all that much now is it???

why does everyone want to be different - everyone except me....why are you all the same in wanting to be different ?

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post

It's just that I get nervous when people start taking pride in other people's accomplishments. It's like when I hear someone say we won the Eurovision seven times. I think, no, actually I've never won the Eurovision. I can't sing. It's the same with sport. If my team wins I feel happy, but not proud, because I just sat there watching. For me to feel pride in Irish I would have to have done something for the language. I haven't and it seems very unlikely that I will. Culture should be a source of pride for those who create it, but I'm not one of them.

“I wish you wouldn’t keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly; you make one quite giddy!”
    “All right,” said the Cat; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of the tail, and ending with the grin, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567