E-I March Competition: 6 Nations Rugby Championship
The E-I March Competition is based on predicting the results of the matches in the RBS 6 Nations Championship. The competition runs from 6th February until 20th March, but is officially the competition for March. It is somewhat similar to the Premiership competitions, in that you just have to predict the outcome of the matches rather than the actual score, but there are some extra bonus prediction options and the system for awarding points is different. The competition is being organised by Experienced Punter and myself.
Format and Rules
1. All registered E-I members may participate and members may use only one of their user names.
2. The predictions for each weekends matches must be posted prior to the scheduled kick-off time of the first match each weekend.
( see the full fixture list below)
3. You must either predict the winning team in each match or predict if you think a match will be drawn. In the event that you choose to predict a winner, you have the option of taking part in two bonus point predictions. Firstly you can predict whether your chosen winner will score 4 or more tries and secondly you can predict whether your chosen loser will be beaten by 7 points or less. Both these bonus point predictions are optional; you can choose to make them for some matches and not for others, or only make one bonus point prediction for a particular match. Please note, that if you are predicting a drawn match, bonus point predictions will then not apply to that match.
(see examples of predictions below).
4. Points for correct predictions will be awarded on the following basis:
For a correct win prediction you will be awarded 4 points and for a correct draw prediction 8 points. No points will be awarded if your prediction is incorrect.
Only if you make a correct winning prediction will your bonus point predictions be taken into account. In other words, if you predict the winner incorrectly, your bonus point predictions are null and void and will score no points.
For each of the bonus point predictions that you get correct, you will gain 1 bonus point. However, 1 point will be deducted for each bonus point prediction that is incorrect.
5. If for any reason, a match or matches are cancelled or postponed beyond the end of March, they will be excluded from the E-I competition.
6. Following the completion of each weekend's series of matches, the match results, the RBS 6 Nations League Table and the E-I Competition League Table will be posted.
Examples of Predictions
Ireland v Italy: Ireland to win; Ireland score 4 or more tries: Yes; Italy to lose by 7 or less points: No.
England v Wales: Match drawn.
Scotland v France: France to win; Scotland to lose by 7 or less points: Yes
Full Fixture List
Sat 6th Feb 10 14:30
Ireland v Italy Croke Park
Sat 6th Feb 10 17:00
England v Wales Twickenham
Sun 7th Feb 10 15:00
Scotland v France Murrayfield
Sat 13th Feb 10 14:00
Wales v Scotland Millennium Stadium
Sat 13th Feb 10 17:30
France v Ireland Stade de France
Sun 14th Feb 10 15:30
Italy v England Stadio Flaminio
Fri 26th Feb 10 20:00
Wales v France Millennium Stadium
Sat 27th Feb 10 14:30
Italy v Scotland Stadio Flaminio
Sat 27th Feb 10 16:00
England v Ireland Twickenham
Sat 13th Mar 10 14:30
Ireland v Wales Croke Park
Sat 13th Mar 10 17:00
Scotland v England Murrayfield
Sun 14th Mar 10 15:30
France v Italy Stade de France
Sat 20th Mar 10 14:30
Wales v Italy Millennium Stadium
Sat 20th Mar 10 17:00
Ireland v Scotland Croke Park
Sat 20th Mar 10 20:45
France v England Stade de France
If you have any questions regarding the competition, please post them on this thread.