Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NI Politicians

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Default NI Politicians

their trying to agree on the power sharing Government again in Northern Ireland ya I appreciate the importance of it all doesn't it get terribly irritating listening to them all over again with the usual bollicks 'we've had constructive talks' 'we're close to a deal but have a distance to go' I hate all this gobbledygook same thing with our own of course why can't they talk properly?

we fucked up by not turning protestant and staying with the empire- i mean how many poorly run protestant/ lutheran countries are there ?

Seriously.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Horan View Post
    we fucked up by not turning protestant and staying with the empire- i mean how many poorly run protestant/ lutheran countries are there ?

Seriously.
    Maybe if we turn protestant now the unionists might take us back.............hold on Brother Alec, there's no empire anymore, there's no colonies left for us to go to and abuse and misuse the natives. Are there any other empires we could join?

Blog Entries

Default We would have being better off

Seriously.
    if we had stayed with England.

lots of hassle prevented too,
    Westside.

Reviews

we fucked up by not turning protestant and staying with the empire- i mean how many poorly run protestant/ lutheran countries are there ? Seriously.
    America? Any of the Carribbean countries? Tuvalu? I take your point , though. I don't agree with the turning Protestant thing, but the Economic War and seceding from the Commonwealth really fucked us up.

I read a good essay somewhere lately that compared Ireland to a corrupt African state (Zaire, Angola, the Congo, Sudan, Niger to name a few). The jist of it was - in most post-colonial societies, the foreign ruling class leaves or is ousted, but then a new native ruling class moves in, to continue the exploitation of its own people in the manner of the previous rulers.

And the absolute best example of why it would have been better to remain a Dominion? Just drive from Dundalk to Newry

That's not to say we can't, or shouldn't, work with what we have, by the way.

Default why are prod nations wealthier ?

Answer
    Before we can answer the question correctly, first we have to determine what your understanding of "Rich Nation."

1. The Gross National Product?
    2. The National Debt?
    3. The ratio between Gross National Product against National Debt.
    4. Average Annual Income of its citizen?
    5. Average Income against Financial debt (Credit Cards, car payments, house payment etc.)
    6.Disposable income of Citizen. etc...
    7. National Economic Growth?
    8. The value of money. Ex; How much can your $1 here in USA get, if you have to spend the same $1 in other country?

Let's take for example the USA;

1.What is the ratio between its Gross National Product against its National Debt?
    2. What is the average disposal income of its citizen. (Take home pay minus debt payment.
    3. What is USA's Economic Growth Rate compared to other country, let's say Red China?

There really is no one answer until we understand all of the above.

And we also have to determine who are the Protestant Nations and who are the Catholic Nations. USA is definitely neither one of this, because it's contitution forbids a creation of a national Religion..

The question would rather be are protestant nations richer than catholic nations ?

There is no evidence of this statement even if this idea was popularized by Max Weber in The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism.

Just take a look at the richest regions of Europe and their religious tendencies (here the regions by income by inhabitants according to Eurostat)

- London and the home counties = anglican

- Hamburg (Germany) = lutheran

- Brabant-Wallon (Belgium) = catholic

- Ile-de-France (France) = catholic

- Bavaria (Germany) = catholic (56,4%)

- Stuttgart (Germany) = protestant (33,7%) & catholic (27,4%)

- Zurich (Switzerland) = catholic (33,3%) & calvinist

- Genève (Switzerland) = catholic (39,5%) & calvinist (17,4)

- Lombardy (Italy) = catholic

- Oslo (Norway) = lutheran

- Vienne ( Austria) = catholic

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between religion and wealth in Europe...

On the contrary in Germany the catholic regions are wealthier than the lutheran regions and Bavaria, which is traditionaly the most catholic region of Germany, is also the richest.

Some protestant countries such as the Scandinavian countries were also relatively poor in Europe (at least Finland, Norway and Iceland) even if now they are amongst the richest.

However Estonia for instance is traditionaly very protestant (lutheran) and never has been a rich country and Ireland even if it was relatively poor during decades is now the richest country in Europe in terms of GDP per capita and is still at the same time one of the most catholic country in Europe.

There is both catholic and protestant states in the richest nations of Europe and the economic history of the continent proves that there is really no link between religion and wealth...

And in the Americas if the US is richer than Latin America oen can hardly say that it is because of religion but much more because of the cultural gap between the Western world and the Latin-American World.

In the US you can also observe the same phenomenon.

What are the richest parts of the US ?

The North-East and California. Both are predominantly catholics.

What are the "poorest" parts ?

The South, the "Bible Belt", strongly protestant...

So in conclusion don't make idle remarks until you research things properly - I'm glad I didn't.

Reviews

still & all it makes u wonder about the true nature of this Power sharing Government up there are they a genuinely democratically elected government or just a government of factions just to prevent stability in the north Why did Robinsons go public about her getting hammered by a 19 year old while at the same time they compare gay people to paedophiles? people in glass houses......

Reviews

iris robinison is a fine thing

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Delicacy

Kirk Mc Cambley is serving a new delicacy at his resteraunt the lock keepers
    its an Orange Tart
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Default fucking langer

Seriously.
    well..well..id expect nothing less....the west brits...horan and co....are at it again..wat a sad pack of pricks ye are....if yer not attacking the gaa....yer saying we should all become prods....and rejoin the most hated empire that ever existed...take your butchers apron and shove it up your ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast