While viewing another site I came accross this rant from a Canadian living here.
Is this place that awful ? Or should he just fuck off back to where he comes from ? or both ?

"As a Canadian (automatically considered American over here) living over in Ireland for 5 years I can confidently say that I would not be in this shithole if I didn't have to be for work. Why would someone leave Ireland you say? Maybe cause its a horrible, horrible place. Why the hell do you think there are more Irish living outside of Ireland than in? There is fuck all to do here, you people have absolutely no culture. Work, drink at the pub, repeat. That would make anyone go insane, no wonder this country has such high rates of mental illness. You want to talk about internals? Ireland has one of the worst health systems there is. Look how expensive the standard of living is in this country... 3rd highest restaurant prices in the WORLD!
The weather is fucking horrible, its always cold, windy and rainy (explains the drinking). The women are hideous... orange faces and hair that looks like it hasnt seen water in years... shapeless bodies and figures, and I don't think the word gym exists in their vocabulary. I mean, what kind of fucked up supressed people made condoms ILLEGAL until the 1970s...? The only good thing this place had going for it was all the immigrants before the recession, brought some character to the country.
To all the American women who have dreams of 'escaping' to Ireland - try visiting here before you make your decision.