Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God: Why do u let bad things happen?

Default Is god toothless ?

Quote Originally Posted by _GOD_ View Post
    your making the usual philosophical mistake - how can you have good without bad - would you prefer a banal existence ? I try to teach ye to appreciate the good - ye can only do this by surmounting the bad.
    --------------------------------------------

Yaaarrr, by the looks of Ee Gramps, er I mean God , unless ye posess a set of Gnashers ,
    I do reckon the only thing you`d be capable to teach us is to suck eggs !

Reviews

your making the usual philosophical mistake - how can you have good without bad - would you prefer a banal existence ? I try to teach ye to appreciate the good - ye can only do this by surmounting the bad.

So what are you saying.... instead of a banal existence, you've thrown in the odd famine, earth quake, typhoon, epidemic and a few psycho dictators to spice things up a bit for us. This a most kind gesture, but really, there was no need........

Reviews

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which based on experience, which refuses dogmatic. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism....
    I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.

Reviews

I told him
    God talks to Brother Doozer!...........that certainly explains some of the strange messages that have made their way to the Patcave.

Brother Doozer appears with a far away gaze and tells us that God has warned him about the sins of the flesh and that he needs to mortify his weak flesh and then Doozer won't shut up talking about whips and paddles until Patricia beats him into silence. It's getting more perverse by the day, but at least we know who to blame for it now.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 28-01-10 at 18:08.

Default Another one for the stockpot ?

Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
    God talks to Brother Doozer!...........that certainly explains some of the strange messages that have made their way to the Patcave.

Brother Doozer appears with a far away gaze and tells us that God has warned him about the sins of the flesh and that he needs to mortify his weak flesh and then Doozer won't shut up talking about wips and paddles until Patricia beats him into silence. It's getting more perverse by the day, but at least we know who to blame for it now.
    ----------------------------------

Yaaarrr , I don`t doubt it Mr.Marvado fer the Doozer do dwell amongst the primitive of primitive
    far away in the Peninsula of Beara.
    Of late he be givin off vibes that he do posess a religious inclination.
    He had best take heed of a warnin that the last Missionary to dare preach in that Godforsaken
    outpost got eaten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12