Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Perspective

We are after spending two weeks in this country bitching about a bit of ice and a few inches of snow,
    well i think a to put things in perspective look at what happened in Haiti last night. That is a crisis not
    a school being shut for a few days or being late home from work or not being able to go to bingo.
    Thousands of people likely dead,infrastructure (what was there)decimated,wont be worried about
    reopening schools there,they are just heaps of rubble. All this where many people are living on less
    than 2 dollars a day. What will become of these people,no doubt in a poor country like this emergency services will be totally inadequate so many people will die that would be rescued in
    a first world country. So people just take a moment to reflect and think just how lucky we really
    are to live where we do.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    in a poor country like this emergency services will be totally inadequate so many people will die that would be rescued in
    a first world country.
    Spot on Ber, because Haiti is so poverty stricken it does not get the same geological knowledge and attention from scientists as other countries on the same fault line.

Blog Entries

Default I was thinking the same thing with Haiti

but and this is the big but,its like saying if you break your arm than it could be worse as you could have cancer.While that might be true you still have a broken arm and all the hassle that goes with it.

What i am getting at is worse has happen around the globe but its still a bitch these last few weeks here.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Reviews

Unfortunately Ber, according to a radio programme I was listening to on Newstalk today, not everyone sees it that way. The presenter pondered aloud whether those people who resent the aid that is being sent by Ireland to Haiti, would be as vociferous if it were our white European neighbours in need of our assistance instead of Afro-Caribbeans. We have no difficulty going to the ECB to get them to bail out our developed island which we f**ked up through our own greed, but we begrudge assistance to another island, which is one of the poorest nations on earth and which was trying to get back on it's feet following a series of hurricanes before this earthquake layed it low again. Shame!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Some people

Jesus i think i heard it all now, what happened in Haiti was being discussed on Vincent Browne and
    some bright spark spoke up that there was a bit of good news there from an Irish perspective
    as Denis o Briens communication company has a building there that was earthquake proof and
    was still standing. What a bollox 100,000 people dead and he thinks that its important that a
    building is standing. All its shows to me is the divide between the haves and have nots as his
    company had the money to build it correctly
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Default It's sad.........

Most of one side of the world have no idea how the otherside live, nor so they care........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Over 100,000 people dead, that's nearly the entire population of Longford, Leitrim and Carlow put together killed in two days.

The effects of overpopulation can be so horrible.

Blog Entries

Default I don't think........

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    The effects of overpopulation can be so horrible.
    It was overpopulation that killed them..........
    L

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    It was overpopulation that killed them..........
    Yeah it was. If they were living in really sparsely populated areas only a tiny fraction of that would have been killed.

Blog Entries

Default But some would still have been killed......

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Yeah it was. If they were living in really sparsely populated areas only a tiny fraction of that would have been killed.
    Which means, sadly people lost their lives as a result of the earthquake, not overpopulation..........
    L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast