Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perspective

The United States has a population density of 70 persons per square mile. World population density is 100, Cuba's is 235 and China's is 325. Haiti's population density is almost 600 people per square mile. ...

Let me ask you this Luther: If the quakes had occured like that in New York city would the deaths be as bad? I'd say they could be worse. Earthquakes can topple skyscrapers.

Maybe you can add poverty to it.... but in the end overpopulation always creates risk of disaster.

Blog Entries

Default Let me ask you this........

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    Let me ask you this Luther: If the quakes had occured like that in New York city would the deaths be as bad? I'd say they could be worse. Earthquakes can topple skyscrapers.

Maybe you can add poverty to it.... but in the end overpopulation always creates risk of disaster.
    If there was no earthquake would people have dies there as a result of crushing etc???
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

They shouldn't have populated that area so much then. A much lesser percentage of them would have died otherwise.

Luther, if you had to choose the amount of cattle to put in a field back a few hundred years ago and you chose 100 and thought that even though they'd be weak they would survive.... and then if the snow came and they practically all died then what would you blame, the snow or your decision to put 100 there? The snow would be what killed them, however it's your decision to have too many that also was necessary for them to have all died. You knew the snow might come but you took the risk.

And if I said to you "Luther if you hadn't put so many cattle in the field, don't you think they wouldn't have died", then would you reply: "NGAN, if the snow hadn't come, would they have died?".
    Last edited by nicegirlsarenice; 14-01-10 at 03:24.

Blog Entries

Default I don't remember........

Seeing anything in the news last week about people dying in Haiti because of over population...........

What I did see in the news this week was people died in Haiti as a result of a massive earthquake.............

The numbers that died may have been as a result of the population density in the area, but it was not the cause..........

I'm not getting into this.........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Unemployment at 400,000 + ......thats overpopulation at it again

and what about the Irish Famines? potato blight, imperialism, poverty -dont kid yerself.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12