Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The thread of the decade....

Blog Entries

Default The thread of the decade....

So depending on your point of view, we may or may not be coming to the end of another decade..........

What are your memories of the last decade???

They can be good, bad, happy, sad, personal, national, international, life changing, world changing, political, sporting, musical etc. etc...........

What are the strongest memories for you???

What will you remember the last decade for???

(No need to go into detail if it's personal, perhaps just a decade where you loved and lost)
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    So depending on your point of view, we may or may not be coming to the end of another decade..........

They can be good, bad, happy, sad, personal, national, international, life changing, world changing, political, sporting, musical etc. etc...........

(No need to go into detail if it's personal, perhaps just a decade where you loved and lost)
    I was still under 50, a very happy memory, not looking forwards to the new one.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Default Could be anything.......

Had a look at rte and the news photo gallery of the decade, very interesting and hard to believe how long since some of those events took place. Strongest memory (aka JFK moment) was twin towers, hands down. Best sporting moment....... wales missing a drop goal while a certain miss Jenkins(not catherine! i wish) was on her knees as i watched that miss in glee, heaven

Reviews

Have to say 9/11 would be right up there. Also the way the world was totally transformed by the sub prime lending saga and total collapse of the financial sector, almost worldwide.

Same shit Different Day

Nothing to write home about

I forget things awful quick

I grew up and no longer give a monkeys....

Not much else to say really, Luth.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    I was still under 50, a very happy memory, not looking forwards to the new one.
    Can't believe nobody's nailed the oul lad on this one yet!!

When people call you an old dog, Rover, they really mean "you geriatric dog"

Please give this to your missus so she'll recognise the imminent symptoms of your dementia

And finally, here's a photo I took of you yesterday

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Can't believe nobody's nailed the oul lad on this one yet!!

When people call you an old dog, Rover, they really mean "you geriatric dog"

Please give this to your missus so she'll recognise the imminent symptoms of your dementia

And finally, here's a photo I took of you yesterday
    No Rover, you can't have your walking stick back.

The Last Post.

The arthritis is killing me.

Reviews

-significant in politics was the ending of tensions & the formation of a power sharing government in Northern Ireland remember how things were at the start of the decade?
    -the outing of the banks here the revelation that they bankers/developers/politicians were mocking us all throwing money amongst themselves living it up never short of money while now the ordinary man pays for all their mistakes/greed what must other countries think of us & our financial institutions?
    -the Iraq War & the execution of Saddam Hussein this is amazing coz it should never have happened in the first place 'weapons of mass destruction & all that'(there were none) simply Britains prime minister Tony Blair was coerced by gunslinger US President George Bush to go to war again all the thousands of innocent lives lost noone gave a fuck - Bush & Blair =War Criminals
    -the incredible 9/11 tragedy a dream hit for evil terrorists
    -the loss of 2 loving memorable long term relationships I ended one the other I got dumped & the distraught that came with them breakups the furter heartbreak in a brief r/ship with a gorgeous girl this year coz I opened my big mouth I will forever regret that one sentence- goodbye to this year/decade...

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    -significant in politics was the ending of tensions & the formation of a power sharing government in Northern Ireland remember how things were at the start of the decade?
    -the outing of the banks here the revelation that they bankers/developers/politicians were mocking us all throwing money amongst themselves living it up never short of money while now the ordinary man pays for all their mistakes/greed what must other countries think of us & our financial institutions?
    -the Iraq War & the execution of Saddam Hussein this is amazing coz it should never have happened in the first place 'weapons of mass destruction & all that'(there were none) simply Britains prime minister Tony Blair was coerced by gunslinger US President George Bush to go to war again all the thousands of innocent lives lost noone gave a fuck - Bush & Blair =War Criminals
    -the incredible 9/11 tragedy a dream hit for evil terrorists
    -the loss of 2 loving memorable long term relationships I ended one the other I got dumped & the distraught that came with them breakups the furter heartbreak in a brief r/ship with a gorgeous girl this year coz I opened my big mouth I will forever regret that one sentence- goodbye to this year/decade...

Reviews

Default ok Rover (nice pic)

my love for stealing knickers I got 2 more over Christmas Its all about the buzz no finer buzz than stealing a girls knickers while shes in the same house try it sometime smell them too if u get the chance....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast