Thread: A year in the life of??????

Blog Entries

Santa A year in the life of??????

A little rant on Xmas Eve.I read on one or two sites about the kind of year ppl had and everyone says something to the effect of "well it started off ok and then i had my highs and lows etc etc etc".Guess what?Its called living.

Is there anyone around that actually expects a whole year to go by without some kind of trial of some type or another?Im not saying all misery but anyone who hasnt come up against some kind of challenge isnt really living at all.

The more you get involved in ,the more hassle you will have,the more challenge you will have,the more highs and lows you will have.The more you do in life the more youll taste failure but the more youll taste success too.

I find it amazing that ppl actually think that they can expect to go 365 days without hassle or challenge or highs and lows like they put it.Thats an unrealistic expectation to have.

The real tragedy is not having lows that are avoidable but that you caused them to yourself and continue to cause them to yourself.This is the real shame.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

and my life was going so well until i read your post.....................

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    A little rant on Xmas Eve.I read on one or two sites about the kind of year ppl had and everyone says something to the effect of "well it started off ok and then i had my highs and lows etc etc etc".Guess what?Its called living.

Is there anyone around that actually expects a whole year to go by without some kind of trial of some type or another?Im not saying all misery but anyone who hasnt come up against some kind of challenge isnt really living at all.

The more you get involved in ,the more hassle you will have,the more challenge you will have,the more highs and lows you will have.The more you do in life the more youll taste failure but the more youll taste success too.

I find it amazing that ppl actually think that they can expect to go 365 days without hassle or challenge or highs and lows like they put it.Thats an unrealistic expectation to have.

The real tragedy is not having lows that are avoidable but that you caused them to yourself and continue to cause them to yourself.This is the real shame.

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    I have a challenge every morning, it's called getting out of bed. (and I'm well used to lows - wish the fecking thing would go high a bit more often).
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    I have a challenge every morning, it's called getting out of bed. (and I'm well used to lows - wish the fecking thing would go high a bit more often).
    my challenge is staying in the fuckin thing.Its too icy to head out to do anything ffs.

Sometimes you have to hit a high to experience a low.Lows dont last but highs dont either.If they do its because your causing them to or your outlook on whatever it is isnt right.In the case of a high ppl try to lock onto that high and thats where ppl run into all sorts of problems.In fact i think its trying to hold onto lifes highs is what creates a lot of the lows.

Shoot high,never give up but when you hit that high its nothing then and time to shoot higher.

like the 5' basketball player,
    Westside.

Reviews

[QUOTE=Westsidex;171911]

Shoot high,never give up but when you hit that high its nothing then and time to shoot higher.

I'm lucky if I shoot at all, whatever about shooting higher. (I get your point Westie, I'm only acting the maggot).
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Blog Entries

Default Why are you ranting again???

Sincerely,
    Westside.
    You start off by saying how you read people had highs and lows, and then you say you find it amazing that people expect to go through a year without them, and say they're not living if they don't have them, but isn't the fact that you read people were having highs and lows proof that they were living..............

All swings and roundabouts I guess..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Blog Entries

Default And it took you 15 mins to write that

Quote Originally Posted by luther View Post
    You start off by saying how you read people had highs and lows, and then you say you find it amazing that people expect to go through a year without them, and say they're not living if they don't have them, but isn't the fact that you read people were having highs and lows proof that they were living..............

All swings and roundabouts I guess..........
    your not doing a reading when i die.I didnt connect not living to specific ppl.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Default I didn't know you watched me so closely, I'm truely touched........

And it took you 15 mins to write that, your not doing a reading when i die.I didnt connect not living to specific ppl.

Westside.
    I nipped out for a punt mid reply, but all I had time for was a €40 shower..........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L