Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prime Time tonite 9.30

Reviews

Default Prime Time tonite 9.30

Don't forget to watch this tonite its all about how the parasite bankers fucked up the county for all of us should be interesting great country isn't it?
    I'm off to steal a knickers .....

Blog Entries

Default And...........

Here's the financial regulator for the last 6 years. I'm sure he'll get a mention. I hope someone wakes them up.............

"It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Obviously they need more money, that'll solve everything.

Reviews

The face of a non-corrupt man, want your loan approved 24 hours before you apply for it?

Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Default We're missing the point

Bankers make no bones about the fact that they wanna' make money & as much of it as possible.
    Greedy bastards, granted but it is the job of regulators & government to keep them in check & they didn't.
    I blame no one but F F. They knew well what was happening & they let the gravy train rumble on until the inevitable crash happened.
    We must keep some perspective & apportion blame where it is deserved.
    Yes, we need to jail some bankers who broke the rules & so the next generation of them will think twice before burying their snouts in the trough but the people who were most at fault were our representatives. They failed miserably.
    I have said it before, if we were in France there would have been a revolution already & F F would be in opposition for a decade or more, in recovery.
    But no, we live in Ireland where we have an apathy that wrecks my head. Everyone is so busy thinking about their own little lot that there is no unity of purpose.
    Let the revolution begin I say !
    "I don't want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there."
    Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Angry we have to pay for their scamming

what about the part Bertie says that economists warning of the economy ''its a wonder they dont all go away & commit suicide'' talk about being insensitive and 6 months later the economy collapses! financial regulator was described as a 'shy man' bankers 'dined' developers at 16,000 a go likes of Charlie McCreevey & close buddies of banks granted loans straight away no documents/income checks the Golden Circle/mafia is alive & well in this fucked up country

Blog Entries

Default Its like the child abuse in the churches

the ppl that knew and had an idea about it and did nothing are just as guilty.Same with the bankers.the ppl that knew and did nothing are just as guilty if not moreso.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Regulators

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    the ppl that knew and had an idea about it and did nothing are just as guilty.Same with the bankers.the ppl that knew and did nothing are just as guilty if not moreso.

Westside.
    I would 100% blame the regulators because the simple fact is that if there are no sanctions and
    penalties people wont stay within the rules,what do people expect,every single one of us would do the same thing push things to the limit. It is only fear of consequence makes people sit up take notice
    Ill give u an example we have a speed lmit lets just say all sanction was lifted for speeding, no fines
    no penalty points but the limit remained in place, how many people would then obey it? Dont fool
    urself people.What happened here was we let it be known from the top on the qt that in order to
    get the buisness funnelling through here we would have lax regulation, a nod and a wink job
    nothing said but everything understood.What did they expect only that full advantage be taken
    of the situation. Just remember that the guy who hires the assasian is as culpable if not more so
    than the assasian himself.The thing is we would have a much different country if this never happened because growth would have remained slow so i think in reality as many people wouldnt
    have lost there jobs but neither would more than a fraction have been created so u probably
    have more people with jobs today despite all the job loses still ,
    than if we hadnt the boom
    For me the greatest crime is that we raised peoples expectations to unrealistic and unsustainable
    levels. The money people were earning couldnt last and we now have the problem that people
    have had a taste of this lifestyle and will find it hard to readjust. We came too far too fast it had
    to be false how else could u explain the explosion of luxury in just one generation holidays
    fancy cars,fancy clothes,houses with every convenience ,why were we suddenly entitled to
    this more so than our parents before us,what did we do differently to earn all this.The answer
    nothing.Now alot of people just splurged and lived beyond their means and have to take responsibility for that.I know its tempting when the cash is avaliable easily but noone put
    a gun to anyones head.I know many parernts that pleaded with their kids to save up a good
    deposit and not go down the 100% route,but they only laughed at them and ignored them.
    We devoloped a culture where we dont want to work towards and wait for anything, if we cant
    have it today its no use,it must be instant gratification.But now we are paying a heavy price
    We had devoloped into people that could decide thusday that we would go abroad for the
    weekend and fri we were gone,10 years previously if we wanted that holiday we saved and
    planned for it for a year.The difference though before we apppreciated it talked about it until
    we had saved for another one and really valued our break cause it was a treat. Now its so
    run of the mill we go cause we feel a sense of entitlement , probably have forgotten about it
    by following tuesday so we dont really get the same value from the experience
    I persoally think there is a period of sharp readjustment ahead
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Blog Entries

Default Well said Ber........

I agree with every word...........
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ber View Post
    I would 100% blame the regulators because the simple fact is that if there are no sanctions and
    penalties people wont stay within the rules,what do people expect,every single one of us would do the same thing push things to the limit. It is only fear of consequence makes people sit up take notice
    Ill give u an example we have a speed lmit lets just say all sanction was lifted for speeding, no fines
    no penalty points but the limit remained in place, how many people would then obey it? Dont fool
    urself people.What happened here was we let it be known from the top on the qt that in order to
    get the buisness funnelling through here we would have lax regulation, a nod and a wink job
    nothing said but everything understood.What did they expect only that full advantage be taken
    of the situation. Just remember that the guy who hires the assasian is as culpable if not more so
    than the assasian himself.The thing is we would have a much different country if this never happened because growth would have remained slow so i think in reality as many people wouldnt
    have lost there jobs but neither would more than a fraction have been created so u probably
    have more people with jobs today despite all the job loses still ,
    than if we hadnt the boom
    For me the greatest crime is that we raised peoples expectations to unrealistic and unsustainable
    levels. The money people were earning couldnt last and we now have the problem that people
    have had a taste of this lifestyle and will find it hard to readjust. We came too far too fast it had
    to be false how else could u explain the explosion of luxury in just one generation holidays
    fancy cars,fancy clothes,houses with every convenience ,why were we suddenly entitled to
    this more so than our parents before us,what did we do differently to earn all this.The answer
    nothing.Now alot of people just splurged and lived beyond their means and have to take responsibility for that.I know its tempting when the cash is avaliable easily but noone put
    a gun to anyones head.I know many parernts that pleaded with their kids to save up a good
    deposit and not go down the 100% route,but they only laughed at them and ignored them.
    We devoloped a culture where we dont want to work towards and wait for anything, if we cant
    have it today its no use,it must be instant gratification.But now we are paying a heavy price
    We had devoloped into people that could decide thusday that we would go abroad for the
    weekend and fri we were gone,10 years previously if we wanted that holiday we saved and
    planned for it for a year.The difference though before we apppreciated it talked about it until
    we had saved for another one and really valued our break cause it was a treat. Now its so
    run of the mill we go cause we feel a sense of entitlement , probably have forgotten about it
    by following tuesday so we dont really get the same value from the experience
    I persoally think there is a period of sharp readjustment ahead
    But you see I am one of the hundreds of thousands people who didn't have these 3 holidays a year who didn't splurge & lived beyond my means in a job with moderate pay who gain nothing from the Celtic Tiger paying tax, now I have less wages to get by on coz we are simply bailing out the banks it is totally unacceptable noone has been jailed 15 months later imagine what investors abroad think of us there can be no excuse we need an inquiry those responsible must be brought to jail.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast