Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
But you see I am one of the hundreds of thousands people who didn't have these 3 holidays a year who didn't splurge & lived beyond my means in a job with moderate pay who gain nothing from the Celtic Tiger paying tax, now I have less wages to get by on coz we are simply bailing out the banks it is totally unacceptable noone has been jailed 15 months later imagine what investors abroad think of us there can be no excuse we need an inquiry those responsible must be brought to jail.....
Well i wont get into a debate how much u did or didnt gain but i will say over the past 10 yrs
ure wages definitely increased more than inflation which makes u better off.If u happened to
be a person who purchased a house at an inflated price that was a personal decision,if u didnt
purchase a house ure better off. u may not think ure better off relative to the splurging of other
people ,just look at ure personal situation can u afford the lifestyle that u had 10 years ago
more easily or with more difficulty now. The problem is people even unknow to themselves
are living a much more affluent lifestyle than before,its a gradual process kinda creeps up on
u. Im not talking here about massive extravagances just say few extra pints an odd extra
punt going to the chippers an extra time or two a week spending a bit more on clothes
maybe buying better quality stuff .Add all the little things together and they add up stuff we
take for granted our mobile phone our internet connection our satellite channels which
most people now have are improvements in standard of living. Could u have affored those
luxuries 10 yrs ago. In fairness outside of work if we had to we could all survive without them
things,phone ,internet extra channels ,think could u afford them before how many times
is €20 phone credit used without a second thought. I dare anyone to do a budget and i
guarntee u will be shocked at what u fritter away
As for Jail thats where i would put the regulator instead of giving him a pension. If he was
in the Army he would be court marshalled and shot for derilection of duty