Thread: help

Default help

This is one for all the Tech Heads out there:
    Sometimes when I google something all I get is a website called Extratyper.com. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this? Thank you.

Blog Entries

Default Well

You can select your home page from your internet options.Copy and paste the google link when its up into that bar on the internet options under tools.Try that.

firefox might help too,
    Westside.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    You can select your home page from your internet options.Copy and paste the google link when its up into that bar on the internet options under tools.Try that.

firefox might help too,
    Westside.
    Thanks westidex, Firefox seems to be doing the trick. Cheers

Blog Entries
    Reviews

I'd say you might have a wee virus there if its going to that site after you have clicked search in google.
    You should download and anti Virus sweeper.
    Because it may not be affecting anything now that you are using Firefox, its still there and means that you are not properly protected. And as you should know Protection is very important... in every sense.
    Try Advanced SystemCare by IObit Its very good and a free Download.
    If you want to upgrade to the Pro version send me a PM and I'll give you the username and password and instructions.- This gos for anyone else thats reading this

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dave1dave View Post
    I'd say you might have a wee virus there if its going to that site after you have clicked search in google.
    You should download and anti Virus sweeper.
    Because it may not be affecting anything now that you are using Firefox, its still there and means that you are not properly protected. And as you should know Protection is very important... in every sense.
    Try Advanced SystemCare by IObit Its very good and a free Download.
    If you want to upgrade to the Pro version send me a PM and I'll give you the username and password and instructions.- This gos for anyone else thats reading this
    Thank you, I'll try that.

Reviews

You might have adware that has taken over your registry and is redirecting your homepage to this site.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default The most obvious and simplest explanation

Anyone here of occam's razor, westie is probably right he may have clicked on a website and it changed his home page.

8. Default

Try web only!!!!!!!!!!!