Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Service Strikes

Blog Entries

Default Public Service Strikes

The private sector should boycott any public service work being done if the public service strike.The public service need the private sector just as much and cant function without it.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Good Idea, but Maybe I'm being a bit thick.
    How or what would be boycotted ?

I'm not sure what would be feasable.

BTW congrats on the modderdom .

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    ...public service need the private sector just as much...

Westside.
    More I'd say, remembering who's actually paying for them. I think the cut for full-time employees on < 30K is a bit harsh, but the rest can go and whistle. Job security and a pension is worth an awful lot, no matter how things are going in the country.

Blog Entries

Default Last year

Quote Originally Posted by QuietFella View Post
    More I'd say, remembering who's actually paying for them. I think the cut for full-time employees on < 30K is a bit harsh, but the rest can go and whistle. Job security and a pension is worth an awful lot, no matter how things are going in the country.
    when provate sector workers had levies and cuts on incomes no one was up in arms.Now that it effects the public sector we have all arms up with threats of industrial action.Let them go on strike and see how productivity changes in some areas of the public service.

it wont change much,
    Westside.

As some one that worked in the public sector and private sector, it constantly annoys me to here public sector workers complaining .

Im trying not to be to harsh on the public sector workers but i think that there recent pay cut were the lesser of to evils , I be curious to look at the recent unemployment figures and see how many public sector workers lost there jobs

On the other hand , i think the public sector pay cuts again have hit the indians rather than the chiefs which is typical of this governments jobs for the boys mentality.

fore

Reviews

Everybody, public or private, needs to unite against the pay cuts and the Budget. We musn't let them divide us up!!!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

A boycott is just silly you need the public sector. Don't go to hospital? Don't send kids to school? Don't let the unemployed go collect their social welfare? Don't report violent crimes? The list is endless.

42-44% of all the public sector workers earn 30k or less. I think it was wrong to cut their pay but as for higher earners I think should have been cut more.

And to people complaining about social welfare cuts im sorry but you should take some comfort in that actual cut was nearly 20% less than expected 5% expected 4.!% actual.

Reviews

Angry huh

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Lad View Post
    A boycott is just silly you need the public sector. Don't go to hospital? Don't send kids to school? Don't let the unemployed go collect their social welfare? Don't report violent crimes? The list is endless.

42-44% of all the public sector workers earn 30k or less. I think it was wrong to cut their pay but as for higher earners I think should have been cut more.

And to people complaining about social welfare cuts im sorry but you should take some comfort in that actual cut was nearly 20% less than expected 5% expected 4.!% actual.
    herea a pay cut for ya

was a builder getting about 700/week got let go 4 years ago now on 200/week

now that gets cut as well

the public sector complains about a measly 4% cut what about all us builders who got a 70% cut when we lost our jobs

and for those on 30k shut up and be thankful try surviving on 30k combined income with kids

I agree that something must be done but what dfo us on the dole do sit outside the office and refuse to collect our money LOL

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    when provate sector workers had levies and cuts on incomes no one was up in arms.Now that it effects the public sector we have all arms up with threats of industrial action.Let them go on strike and see how productivity changes in some areas of the public service.

it wont change much,
    Westside.
    Sometimes I wonder if you really have any cop on at all.

Public sector workers also have to pay the levies.

Public sector workers have had to take a pay freeze in 2009 -3%
    a pension levy (which is not applicable to the private sector) - 7.5%
    Pay cut announced in the budget - 7.5% average

So far your average Joe in the Public service has seen a drop of 18%.

So get your facts right before you start mouthing off as usual

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kazgar View Post
    herea a pay cut for ya

was a builder getting about 700/week got let go 4 years ago now on 200/week

now that gets cut as well

the public sector complains about a measly 4% cut what about all us builders who got a 70% cut when we lost our jobs

and for those on 30k shut up and be thankful try surviving on 30k combined income with kids

I agree that something must be done but what dfo us on the dole do sit outside the office and refuse to collect our money LOL
    Personally I feel very sorry for the normal builders who have had the bollox knocked out of them.

But hey dont take your anger out on the public sector worker who was not on a hell of a lot anyway but has had a 18% average deduction drop rather than the 4%.

The problem still lies with the Bankers/Govt/developers who have sucessfully managed to turn normal workers against each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast