Nothing boils my blood more than listing to accounts of opium dealing priests abusing children so I've already let any church defender I know have it over the most recent revelations.

It always amazes me how anyone could listen to something like the Ryan report on Friday and then go to mass and listen to some possible peodofilic priest preach about morality the following Sunday. I tell them that on account of my principles there is no way I could participate in their nonsensical dogma and that the whole rotten institution should be removed from this society.

Am I a blatant hypocrite however? Like most people who use this website, I like to participate wholeheartedly in the sex industry. Some of the best moments of my life were spent with sex workers yet could a church defender immediately shoot back at me and say how can I prop up an institution which does lead to some horrible exploitation? Should my 'principles', which I talked about above, not force me to abstain from the sex industry?

That ain't gonna happen anytime soon so does this just expose my own hypocrisy? I think it's definately time for me to get off my 'moral high ground horse.' That is where certain sexually frustrated old men in collars used to reside, I suppose.

It's 2009 - this state no longer has an official 'special relationship' with the Catholic church. Every week I can look forward to good aul punt with some exotic lady from beyond the wave without fear of persecution. Viva life!

What say all of you?

Cheers
Chaz