Finalists from this year's British version of the "X-Factor" talent show went straight in at number one in the singles charts with their charity hit "You are not Alone," the Official Charts Company said on Sunday.

The show dominated the charts, proving its enduring popularity, with previous winner Leona Lewis also a new entry at number one in the albums chart with "Echo."

The "X-Factor" finalists' cover version of the Michael Jackson song was released in aid of the London children's hospital Great Ormond Street.

The single is the second charity release from the show's finalists. Last year's cover version of Mariah Carey's "Hero" raised 1 million pounds for the charity Help for Heroes, which provides practical support for wounded British soldiers.

The Simon Cowell, the executive producer of the "X-Factor" said: "Following last year's record in aid of Help For Heroes we decided we wanted to do something annually on the show to help good causes.

"I'm very proud of the single and I really hope it raises an enormous amount of money for people who really need our help."

The other new entry in the top 10 singles was American pop singer-songwriter Jason Derulo with "Watcha Say," at number three.

Dropping a place from last week's number one was Black Eyed Peas and "Meet Me Halfway."

In the albums chart, 2006 "X-Factor" winner Lewis repeated the success of her debut album "Spirit," which was also a chart-topper in 2007.