Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asking for a rematch is stupid.

Reviews

yeah and the reply to Delaney said

"Fuck off" (in french)

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    However, as i said, i don't believe the FFF will offer the rematch, so the reality is that John Delaney is being very shrewd and will look for compensation for loss of revenue that this unjustice has potentially cost us.
    Lets not forget, that goal did not cost us a place at the World Cup as the media has decided to word it... At the time it was scored it cost us a penalty shootout against a team with better penalty takers in front of a hostile French crowd.
    Our chances of progressing through that were slim anyway.
    I hope they don't get any compensation. Who was negligent? FIFA weren't, they picked the type of quality of referee and linesmen that's standard, that would be expected. The referee didn't have a clear view of it. FIFA's rules are clear, there's no video refereeing.

So what if the FAI have a loss of earnings? Anyone who watches Judge Judy will tell you that's not FIFA's fault. The FAI would have much more of a case in suing the linesman.

I think Roy Keane was spot on in what he was saying today. The FAI are pathetic and so is anyone seriously trying to get a rematch. They're not true football people either, they're soccer moms.

For me, this was the second time in my adult life where football has made me feel like a kid again.
    Where something happens out of your control that you know is wrong, that shatters your dreams, but you are helpless to change it.
    The last instance was when Roy Keane was dismissed from the World Cup squad.
    I know what you mean. In theory I would like a replay, but supposing we got one. Wouldn't it feel very shallow?

I think to replay it would be what would destroy the integrity of soccer. It would turn it into a joke. It would be a fix, a cheat, and it would be a disgrace to the game. In my view anyway. We have to face facts, we got this far... of course it's hard we didn't get any furthur.

I guess the big plus on this occasion is that this has brought the whole nation together.
    It has galvanised us.
    I don't know if it has... many are looking for a replay and many aren't. Some are decrying Henry and some aren't. I've a feeling many of the people looking for a replay are the type of people that don't care at all about football most of the time and then when it's Ireland getting to a major championships or something put on their caps and are (supposedly) the biggest, diehard fans around....

Quote Originally Posted by ploy26p View Post
    yeah and the reply to Delaney said

"Fuck off" (in french)
    Delaney has appealed the decision via the supreme high-court of justice in France.

He has also lodged a complaint with the French government in order to receive compensation of millions for the bad language.

The bad language upset Delaney an awful lot and Delaney had to go to see a counsellor after it.

Delaney has pointed to young children growing up and the terrible integrity of the FFF to support his claim, Delaney has warned that "furthur steps may be taken" if he doesn't get his millions.

Reviews

Default Dude we were wronged

hey nicegirls
    we really deserve our place in south africa,fifas bullshit motto is FAIR PLAY where (excuse the language)the fuck is it where we are concerned?
    according to the players the ref was actually smirking at them when he refused to listen when henry cheated
    dude! come on! asking for justice is NOT stupid
    the players deserve it on that performance
    you have got to agree with that
    cheers mart
    its better to burn out than to fade away

Quote Originally Posted by mart View Post
    hey nicegirls
    we really deserve our place in south africa,fifas bullshit motto is FAIR PLAY where (excuse the language)the fuck is it where we are concerned?
    Of course it's a bullshit motto. That's just something for the kids. That's for trying to get them to play fairly in their own games. Surely you didn't actually believe in an "ethics" for professional football?

according to the players the ref was actually smirking at them when he refused to listen when henry cheated
    I don't believe that in a million years. Tell me who said that.

dude! come on! asking for justice is NOT stupid
    the players deserve it on that performance
    you have got to agree with that
    cheers mart
    I believe it would be unjust to replay it, it would be unfair to the French. It would go against the rules.

Also, "dude" would suggest you're American, "cheers" would suggest you're english.

Reviews

Default wrong on both accounts

man why did you change the subject because of my use of language
    im IRISH.TRUE AND TRUE
    dundalk .county louth in fact
    so fuck off..
    and discuss the topic you started

Reviews

Default Unjust???

UNJUST YOU FUCKING IDIOT WE WERE ROBBED

Reviews

Default Hummmm

You must be french because you seem to think this is fair??are you??

Blog Entries

You must be french because you seem to think this is fair??are you??
    he's not french, he just randomly attacks people

Blog Entries

Default I'll give her a buzz in the morning..........

Quote Originally Posted by nicegirlsarenice View Post
    So what if the FAI have a loss of earnings? Anyone who watches Judge Judy will tell you that's not FIFA's fault. The FAI would have much more of a case in suing the linesman.
    But that just about sums up the way I think you view things alright.....................
    "It's far easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
    L

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast