Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manny

Reviews

the interesting thing is what weight they fight at.

nbt

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    the interesting thing is what weight they fight at.

nbt

That'll be interesting because of pretty boy's insurance against Marquez of weighing 2 lbs over the limit at weigh-in and refusing to weigh-in on fight night - the disparity of size between pbf and marquez who looked bloated north of 135 was massive .Size won't be an issue with manny no matter what the weight.
    Presuming the fight does go ahead,its manny's speed v floyd's defense - if floyd times him,he definitely can counter manny enough -its manny's repeated angles of attack is what will trouble pbf - manny on points if it ever is made

Reviews

check out mayweather interview on sky

think he means business

YouTube - Floyd Mayweather Jr Interview After Manny Pacquiao vs Cotto

nbt

Reviews

great clip nbt - great boxer though he is,his hypocrisy stinks to high heaven - when pushed into mosley challenge after marquez fight,pbf similarly ducked into 'talk to my promoters' answer. Would have orig favoured mayweather in pacman fight due to his superior(?) craft but now manny looks like he's in the peak of his powers and is just too unorthodox for mayweather - be brilliant if it takes place and almost guaranteed a great fight as manny would pressure pb into a confrontation - here's hoping .....

Blog Entries

Default The opinion of a former pro boxer

Manny was sensational, I mean he keeps getting better and wowing everyone with each seemingly harder challenge.

His speed, power, and reflexes where just on such a higher level that Miguel's. Cotto's defense let him down as I suspected it would as the fight wore on.

Before this fight if you watched the Cotto-Clottey fight you saw Cotto backing away with his hands low and had just too many gaps in his defense for a fighter with Manny's speed and ability to punch in off of crafty angles.

That's what beat Miguel plain and simple. In the 24/7 leading up to the fight you saw the speed difference and the body language difference was huge. We can now say that Cotto is done.

The Mayweather fight WILL get done and it's a very tough fight to call. Manny has so much fucking momentum now, what will it take to beat him?

Consider...

Who was the last fighter to give Pacquiao tons of problems and really beat him? That fight wasn't that long ago and the style that caused Manny lots of problems that night Floyd can dish out and then some.

Styles make fights, De La Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto all wore down and in Hatton's case immediately overwhelmed into ass beatings... BUT, what happens when Manny doesn't get his way? Whatch the Marquez fight. See the frustration and lack of focus appear? His aggression isn't the same, he hesitates. Again, That fight wasn't that long ago.

If there is a fighter who can capitalize on what Marquez did to Pacquiao, it's Floyd and as Floyd displayed, he's bigger, faster, stronger than Marquez with the ability to dish that style right back at Manny, that's dangerous.

I'm not saying Mayweather beats Manny I'm just asking to consider the style that tames the beast in Manny. You see, that's the beauty of the sweet science, certain fighters have styles that can diffuse seemingly indestructible fire power in other fighters, as long as they don't cooperated and execute what they know.

Mayweather also has problems with speed, reflexes, crafty footwork and timing, but he has proved he can adjust and dominate. While Manny barely pulled it out against the style that off set everything he does well. Then again Manny punches in on so many different odd angles, this along with his ever rise in strength, power, and speed could really have Floyd reacting and not dictating during the fight.

LOTS of intangibles to consider. I'll be going for Pacquiao and I think he's P4P the best hands down now for what he's done. BIG props to him and his team!

I won't pick a winner till the fight is made though.

Westside.
    Last edited by Westsidex; 18-11-09 at 11:18.

Reviews

Default Dogeared reply !

--- Where did you copy n paste that from Westside ? --- not enough spelling errors to be authentic ,
    ---- The only similarity between You and a Boxer is the Canine connection.-- oh , and the facial likeness I suspect.

Blog Entries

Default Of course i copied and pasted the fuckin thing

Quote Originally Posted by LLAMEDOS View Post
    --- Where did you copy n paste that from Westside ? --- not enough spelling errors to be authentic ,
    ---- The only similarity between You and a Boxer is the Canine connection.-- oh , and the facial likeness I suspect.
    and i didnt ask the q either.Your genius is matched only by your inability to find a handjob.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LLAMEDOS View Post
    ha ha nice one..
    he is so easy to wind up....

Living with Hepatitis - Hepatitis Foundation International is the definitative online resources for viral hepatis information, health and well being

Blog Entries

Default Nope

but your so easy to offend.

Sincerely,
    Westside.

PS you lot are seriously boring.

Reviews

Default great analysis by ex-boxer!

great analysis except the he omits the fact that when de la hoya fought pretty boy in 07,it was on a split decision and de la hoya caused mayweather probs with his continuous jab until the usual de la hoya failing(stamina problems) cost him the fight. Freddie Roach was in de la hoya's corner that night and de la hoya fought (as he done all his career) as an orthodox fighter.Manny's southpaw stance will prob cause extra problems and stamina sure wont be a prob for manny .I think the determining factor will be whther pbf can adjust and time manny's attacks to counter - nobody knows but god i hope this fight takes place ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast