Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicide = Bravery or Cowardice ?

Reviews

Default Suicide = Bravery or Cowardice ?

RE: ROBERT ENKE , ending life courtesy one Express Train.
    -- Is Suicide an ultimate act of Bravery or one of Cowardice ? -- I am undecided ,---- your views.

Reviews

i think its a bit of both really.. the mental turmoil the person goes through is something that must be devastating..

Blog Entries

Default It depends.

If someone kills themsleves because their girl leaves them or something.That leaves alot to be desired to be honest.

I heard of a person that hanged themselves because they had cancer.Now this is my view is solely personal choice.

I guess it all depends on circumstances and who the person has for company.

The one trait i see in ppl that bulldoze through lifes troubles is that they are stubborn and dont rely on others.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    If someone kills themsleves because their girl leaves them or something.That leaves alot to be desired to be honest.

I heard of a person that hanged themselves because they had cancer.Now this is my view is solely personal choice.

I guess it all depends on circumstances and who the person has for company.

The one trait i see in ppl that bulldoze through lifes troubles is that they are stubborn and dont rely on others.

Westside.
    It's one of life's biggest mysteries....nobody will know until they are there, and god knows, nobody ever wants to be there. My heart goes out to anyone who finds themselves in this situation.

It seems to be younger men who are doing it these days, lifes pressures are getting to great.....so sad

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    suicide is complete cowardice, the ultimate FAIL.

theres plenty of people would be glad of the little bit of health and life that a coward throws away in suicide
    ok, so u have a mortga ein ireland, u owe tax, u have 3 kids and you WILL be going to jail and your house will be repossessed and u are in a complete mental disarray.

NO suicide prevention agency will save your house or call off the sheriff. You are dead man walking. THAT is the irish system and it's terrible. So, would someione like this be a coward? That'sa very cruel outlook on people and the suffering they have to endure.

Reviews

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LLAMEDOS View Post
    RE: ROBERT ENKE , ending life courtesy one Express Train.
    -- Is Suicide an ultimate act of Bravery or one of Cowardice ? -- I am undecided ,---- your views.
    It all depends on the circumstances,Robert Enke daughter died a couple of years ago and if grief is the underlying reason for him taking his life,i can understand it completely.Just a very sad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    suicide is complete cowardice, the ultimate FAIL.

theres plenty of people would be glad of the little bit of health and life that a coward throws away in suicide
    I suspect Sonny, that you are quite young.

every single case is different.
    and tragic in its own way.

the only instances where i would regard suicide as cowardly is when it is done following some other tragedy for which you are accountable.
    for example that incident in bray.

beyond that, it is terrifying to think of the strain the person must be under to do it.
    our natural instinct is to survive and to overcome that and take your own life is an indication of of the utter despair and helplessness someone must be experiencing.

we all have different pain thresholds.
    who are we to judge anyones mental strength?

the scariest thing is how fine the line is.

dom

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    I suspect Sonny, that you are quite young.

every single case is different.
    and tragic in its own way.

the only instances where i would regard suicide as cowardly is when it is done following some other tragedy for which you are accountable.
    for example that incident in bray.

beyond that, it is terrifying to think of the strain the person must be under to do it.
    our natural instinct is to survive and to overcome that and take your own life is an indication of of the utter despair and helplessness someone must be experiencing.

we all have different pain thresholds.
    who are we to judge anyones mental strength?

the scariest thing is how fine the line is.

dom

well put, I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone for suicide. I believe it's a mental illness, and if that is the case, then it's beyond the control of person in question.

I know people who have had children die and it is an amazingly destructive force that rips the soul out of families. All we can do as a people is try to figure out the best way to spot the early signs of depression which may lead to suicide.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blankmannn View Post
    It's one of life's biggest mysteries....nobody will know until they are there, and god knows, nobody ever wants to be there. My heart goes out to anyone who finds themselves in this situation.

It seems to be younger men who are doing it these days, lifes pressures are getting to great.....so sad
    The unfortunate thing about it, is the ones that are left behind, the devastating grief they encounter.
    I have a son in his twenties and if he did anything like that, I just could not accept it, I'd ball my head off till God knows when. I hear of suicides and my heart goes out to those who are left behind, I'd love to write to them and express solidarity, but typical, I put it off. I suppose the worst thing you could do, is avoid people you know.

(I had to finish that post in a hurry, I hope to get back to it).
    Last edited by rover; 11-11-09 at 12:54.
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rover View Post
    The unfortunate thing about it, is the ones that are left behind, the devastating grief they encounter.
    I have a son in his twenties and if he did anything like that, I just could not accept it, I'd ball my head off till God knows when. I hear of suicides and my heart goes out to those who are left behind, I'd love to write to them and express solidarity, but typical, I put it off. I suppose the worst thing you could do, is avoid people you know.

(I had to finish that post in a hurry, I hope to get back to it).
    I feel it is an immaturity and foolishness, I don't blame the perpetrator, he or she is so confused and mixed up, or whatever reason, I can understand and see where they're coming from, but you can't scream out to them: THINK!, Don't waste your young life, THINK of the consequences. (Have to go again).
    Once a prick - always a prick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast